The Customer Service Director is a key leadership role within the VF Canada Operations team, with oversight on all aspects of Customer Service for some of the strongest Apparel & Footwear brands in the world (Vans, The North Face, Timberland, Smartwool, Altra, JanSport, Kodiak, Terra, Dickies Footwear). The director will lead his/her team with the primary goal of providing exemplary customer-focused service to our dealer base, sales force and consumer base. This role has oversight of our dealer services group, our E-commerce group as well as our warranty team. This position provides leadership to impact business initiatives in a positive manner and set the vision for team and peers. As a seasoned professional, the Director demonstrates clear accountability for business results and for building and executing key initiatives. The Director brings proven experience in process management and new systems initiatives. Standards and key performance indicators (KPIs) will be monitored regularly through the Sales & Operations (S&OP) process in which the Customer Service Director will take a lead role. Establish control-related standards and procedures and continuously look for opportunities to improve our service levels.
- Manage a group of up to five customer service supervisors and indirectly their own teams of Customer Service Representatives and/or warranty consumer response specialists. Maintains staff by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees. Contributes to the team effort by working alongside staff as needed, in addition to managing them. Assist operations/sales management team in supervisory duties as needed.
- As part of the Operations leadership team the Director - Customer Service will be required to provide direction on VF OD/AS service levels and strategy. He/she will also be a key player in the larger supply chain strategy for Canada
- As a key member of the S&OP team provide updates on regular metrics (on-time performance, credits, returns, CBs) and constantly look for areas of improvement.
- Oversee CS portion of Sales&OPs Planning meetings. Management/Updating reports and speaking to issues during monthly meeting.
- Conduct regular team meetings. Prepare and facilitate weekly communication with CSRs in team.
- Assist in recruiting and hiring new supervisors and customer service representatives. Responsible for training new supervisors and identifying additional training needs for each assigned team.
- Provide timely performance reviews to direct reports using the VF Talent Management process.
- Ensure proper management of the order base for entire business; including cancel date management; incompletion log errors; QA issues; VAS issues; releases to the Distribution Center, etc.
- Ensure proper management of the warranty department; including oversight of workload and temp labour usage.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops; reviewing professional publications; networking; participating in professional associations.
Years of Related Professional Experience: 8+
- 5 years minimum management experience, and 8+ years previous experience in a senior customer service position.
- University degree in business management is preferred
- Relevant work experience in Customer Service and Ecommerce Service environments
- Apparel/Footwear industry experience is desired, while outdoor industry experience is a definite plus.
- Should demonstrate ability to manage a diverse group of individuals, lead change and inspire work toward a common goal. Must also have a track record of establishing and implementing processes and executing to a clear goal.
- Strong PC and systems skills (spreadsheets, databases, word processing).
- Motivation, flexibility and detail orientation are required to meet the demands of a fast-paced and passionate working environment.
- Excellent understanding of systems and experience with SAP is desired
- Perform work independently on a large volume of simultaneous projects.
- Strong data management skills. Strong team player with a demonstrated ability to lead and motivate
- Ability to work independently and assume full responsibility for projects
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Critical eye for process development
- Previous experience in retail and soft goods industry is preferred
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Must possess good judgement and ability to problem solve
- Ability to present business conclusions to Senior Management.
- High energy and positive outlook