The Digital Merchandiser is responsible for the execution of a comprehensive seasonal framework that aligns product strategies with financial goals, ensuring that sales, gross margin, and inventory strategies hit divisional and Janie and Jack Web plans. Responsible for creating a compelling seasonal framework for the brand that aligns product strategies with financial goals. Accountable for the divisional site merchandising strategies, ensuring alignment with the product, financial and marketing goals.
Create a compelling product experience on the site, to include inspirational merchandise presentation, simple and intuitive category navigation and clear and accurate product details.
- Deliver on the site experience vision (interplay across the entire brand of sorts experiences, linking strategies, and how they inter-relate to overall experience.
Accountable for category pricing recommendations and strategies that align with the financial plans Develop seasonal hindsight and the strategic opportunities used to inform pre-line.
- Collaborate and influence cross-functional business partners to achieve category goals
Identify areas of opportunity to make meaningful investment shifts supported by marketing and site execution.
- Develop a strategic product vision that delivers against assortment.
Deliver on best in class product assortment architecture within area of responsibility.
- Drive best in class experiences across both mobile and desktop supported by a deep knowledge of technical features and functionality with an understanding how the site functions (limitations and opportunities)
- Foster open communication and a team environment with all business partners
BA or BS Preferred; 2-4 years’ merchandising, retail buying, or equivalent experience
- Displays curiosity and takes action to drive results, can dig into the business to find opportunities for improvement.
Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data. Demonstrates knowledge of the target customer and of product/competitive s trends.
- Strategic Orientation; Understands immediate problems, analyzes data to draw impactful conclusions and actively supports strategies.
Learning Agility: Demonstrates growth mindset. Embraces opportunity to learn
- Collaboration and Communication; Strong verbal and written communication skills. Can identify & proactively engage business partners when challenges arise. Actively participates in teams or collaborates for higher performance.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with Adobe InDesign a plus