Iconic. Approachable. Connected. These are some of the ideas that guide our every day at Janie and Jack. We set ourselves apart with outstanding quality and great care to every detail, from our clothing to our customer service to the people we work with. Are you ready to be a part of the Janie and Jack story?
What You’ll Do
The Sr. Web Designer will work closely with the creative team to develop and produce the e-commerce website, email campaigns, deliver HTML coding and online marketing for Janie and Jack.
- Translate business and marketing objectives into designs that are clear, compelling, visually exciting and emotionally engaging.
- Produce design specifications, scenarios, and design prototypes.
- Initiate concepts and work independently and/or with creative director.
- Manage timing and deliverables for project work.
- Must be able to handle a number of projects simultaneously.
- Work closely with copywriters and business partners to design original layouts on a tight schedule
- Work with business, creative and copy teams to clarify objectives, revise creative and ensure accuracy
- Help drive the creative process by presenting well-developed creative solutions to meet the objectives
- Execute product line updates for all e-commerce website, as well as hand-coding HTML for emails and deploying in a timely manner
- Work with the email service provider to manage the day to day operations while resolving issues and refining processes for launching emails
- Stay current on industry trends, while keeping all brands at the forefront for site/email design and best practices
- Supervise and develop other designers and contractors while balancing personal workflow and priorities
- Drive successful designs and design systems, while inspiring and enhancing the efforts of a creative team
What You'll Bring
- BFA in Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Visual Studies or other design-related field
- 5-7 years of professional experience in web design or multimedia required. Online retail experience a plus.
- Strong graphic design, layout, typography, image manipulation, and color correction skills and have relevant experience with a lifestyle-oriented trend-setting brand
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, HTML, flash and must be familiar with InDesign
- Expert in ideas generation and collaboration with copy and photography creative partners.
- Detail-oriented, well organized and able to thrive in deadline driven environment.
- Ability to apply user interface and interactive design best practices to projects.
- Strong communication skills.
- Solid experience with resizing, optimizing and slicing of graphics
- Flexible in job duties and take on added responsibility as needed
- Manage competing, high priority projects, while identifying creative solutions and self directing under ambiguous and changing circumstances.
Why You’ll Love Working With Us
- The Product—so good, you’ll be using your employee discount more than you probably should
- The People—ask anyone that works here…we have incredible people on our team
- The Experience—you’ll enjoy a rewarding career at a respected children’s brand
Janie and Jack is unable to provide relocation assistance for this position. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.