Iconic. Approachable. Connected. These are some of the ideas that guide our every day at Janie and Jack. We set ourselves apart with outstanding quality and great care to every detail, from our clothing to our customer service to the people we work with. Are you ready to be a part of the Janie and Jack story?
What You’ll Do
In this role, you will be responsible for producing all marketing needs for Janie and Jack brand. The internal Creative team is responsible for all photography, campaign development, window and in-store signage, direct mail, print advertising, packaging and store support–related design needs.
- The Production Designer supports the Janie and Jack brand, producing mechanical artwork, versions and print ready materials.
- Maintain consistency throughout execution with file naming and versioning
- Maintain close relationships with the Graphic Designers, while overseeing all aspects of pre-press production
- Create and maintain accurate workflow log (excel document) tracking each deliverable’s status
- Utilizes traffic software for routing and traffic of all jobs.
- Liaise with retouching, following image asset workflow
- Liaise with (print) procurement team and printers
- Excellence in building out large scale packaging programs with a consistent hand in templates, style sheets, file naming and management and artwork slugs
- Maintain organization of digital server and accurately archive files
- Maintain signage libraries
- Maintain clear and consistent file structure on server for all image assets
- Create professional mock-ups for presentations and store walk-throughs
- Use/trouble shoot FTP/Dropbox to send to files to vendors, both domestic and international
- Understand die line construction and printer requirements, as relating to the development of artwork
- Troubleshoot technical problems (computer technology, printer, servers, etc.)
- Attend and actively participate in all departmental status meetings, keeping team/MP updated on project status, initiatives and key production-related issues
What You'll Bring
- Expert knowledge of Adobe CC or above, with skill excellence in InDesign and Illustrator
- Expert knowledge of packaging production design/working with die lines and large sets of versioned formats
- Expert understanding of Prepress techniques and preparing mechanicals for offset and web press printing
- Must have great attention to detail with excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills with both internal and external business partners
- Must maintain a high level of accuracy in a fast-paced environment, have strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to work under tight deadlines and effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Retail experience preferred
Why You’ll Love Working With Us
- The Product—so good, you’ll be using your employee discount more than you probably should
- The People—ask anyone that works here…we have incredible people on our team
- The Experience—you’ll enjoy a rewarding career at a respected children’s brand
- The Benefits—health insurance, 401k match, and onsite wellness services for your convenience
Let’s Talk Perks!
- 30% off merchandise employee discount at Janie and Jack
- Paid holidays and flexible time off
- Generous Health Savings Account (HSA) employer contributions for individuals and families
- Flexible Spending Accounts and commuter benefits
- Life insurance (self, spouse/domestic partner, children)
Janie and Jack is unable to provide relocation assistance for this position. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.