Iconic. Approachable. Connected. These are some of the ideas that guide our every day at Janie and Jack. We set ourselves apart with outstanding quality and great care to every detail, from our clothing to our customer service to the people we work with. Are you ready to be a part of the Janie and Jack story?
What You’ll Do
The Textile Designer will be responsible for creating beautiful prints. This individual will support the textile design process and report to the Design Director of Girl. This role will also partner with the other apparel designers on the team and production partners. This individual will research the market and conduct creative search for new ideas and development processes. Must have an eye for modern, classic and elevated textiles.
- Participate in pre-concept meetings with the design team to create well balanced, saleable lines
- Design original prints and artwork; contribute ideas to design partner on color and placement
- Re-color existing prints and artwork; make recommendations of purchased artwork
- Produce mill sheets for textiles as well as create colorways and repeats
- Responsible for technical instructions for factories/vendors to produce fabric prints
- Make changes to prints and artwork and prepare legal copyright paperwork
What You'll Bring
- BA/BS degree with a minimum 3-5 years' experience in fashion retail
- Experience with a variety of print and graphic design techniques a plus
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to troubleshoot problems
- MAC skills required, specifically Photoshop, Freehand and Illustrator. Kaledo a plus
- Must enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with ability to work independently as well as with a team
Why You’ll Love Working With Us
- The Product—so good, you’ll be using your employee discount more than you probably should
- The People—ask anyone that works here…we have incredible people on our team
- The Experience—you’ll enjoy a rewarding career at a respected children’s brand
Let’s Talk Perks!
- 30% off merchandise employee discount at Janie and Jack
- Paid holidays and flexible time off
- Generous Health Savings Account (HSA) employer contributions for individuals and families
- Flexible Spending Accounts and commuter benefits
- Life insurance (self, spouse/domestic partner, children)
Janie and Jack is unable to provide relocation assistance for this position. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.