The Jane Addams Resource Corporation (JARC) promotes strong communities, businesses and households to ensure that people who work do not live in poverty.
JARC helps low-income workers, job seekers and community residents attain financial self-sufficiency through skills training and support services. JARC's job training programs target strategic skills gaps in the manufacturing, such as Computer Numerical Control (CNC) machinist and welder. As a Center for Working Families (CWF) and Financial Opportunity Center (FOC), JARC provides bundled financial support services, such as income supports, financial coaching and employment services
The Careers in Manufacturing Programs prepare trainees for entry level employment in the manufacturing industry financial support services, such as income supports, financial coaching and employment services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides post-placement tracking and support to JARC trainees:
- Tracks job retention, career advancement, and financial outcomes
- Connects graduates with needed and on-going supportive services
- Provides financial counseling and follow-up on client budgets. Counseling focuses on achieving long-term financial health and growth for graduates.
- Provides counseling for any problems in the workplace and for long-term career development.
- Completes subsequent credit pulls, and secures job placement and retention documentation
- Documents outcome tracking through Salesforce, Excel, Insightly, and other data systems as needed.
- Ensures documentation meets grant requirements and organization standards.
- Participate on the Employment Services Team as needed and the CWF Services Team meetings
- Works with Business and Workforce Services on developing and implementing an alumni engagement strategy
- Collaborate with the Adult Learners Program, Business and Workforce Services, and the Training Instructors
- Assist with required monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
- Write success stories about clients and obtain their feedback on JARC's services
- Comply with all funder requirements
- Contributes to JARC's continuous quality improvement efforts
- Contributes to JARC's warm and welcoming environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree from a four year college or university preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate level skills of Microsoft Office and Salesforce
- Working knowledge of the Chicagoland area manufacturing industry a plus
- Commitment to serving the needs of a hard-to-serve population
- Experience in workforce development and/ or nonprofit (particularly familiarity with the CWF model of bundled services and financial coaching) a plus.
- A problem solver and self-starter; a good team player; ability to multi-task while maintaining a good level of organization; attention to detail and time management.
- Professionalism, flexibility, good judgment and commitment to the team and vision and mission of the organization
- Successful candidate will have a coachable, trainable, open-minded attitude.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Flexible Schedule.
- Full Time (35 hours a week)
- FLSA non-exempt
- Union (UAW-NOLSW 2320)
- Some evening hours required
- Criminal Background, FBI and other pre-employment verifications required
- This is a special project employee. Employment will end at the end of the grant period. (Jan 31, 2020)
- $20.00 per hour
- Competitive benefits package
Submit cover letter and resume. No phone calls please.
Please include the position title Asset Building and Career Developer within the subject line. Inquiries without the title in the subject line will not be reviewed or considered.
JARC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $20.00 /hour
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Workforce Development: 1 year (Preferred)
- Salesforce: 1 year (Preferred)
- Nonprofit: 1 year (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Flexible schedules