JANA is a rapidly growing engineering firm focused on improving the integrity of gas distribution and gas transmission pipeline systems through the application of advanced risk modeling technologies. An entrepreneurial company, we provide an exciting, dynamic and respectful work environment where you will be an important contributor to the JANA Team. Our Mission at JANA is “Better Pipelines for a Better World” – we are true believers and inspire our employees to join us in this Mission!
JANA’s J-DIMP™ mechanistic-probabilistic risk models are supported CIM. CIM is a multi-year, multi-user, browser-based solution that combines Copperleaf’s asset management platform with JANA’s J-DIMP™ risk models to empower organizations to create comprehensive, defensible and prioritized asset replacement plans that ensure the organization is not exposed to unacceptable levels of risk.
JANA's Technical Leads in Software Implementation are experts in the use of CIM, with the ability to install all client and server software according to the specification of JANA’s customers. Working closely with JANA’s Senior DIMP Risk Model Technical Leads, JANA’s Software Implementation Leads act as the key technical resource for implementation of JANA’s risk models in CIM.
Software Implementation Leadership
- Answers and resolves telephone and email support queries
- Troubleshoots and provides recommended workarounds/fixes to complex problems
- Attends customer sites for demonstrations, project meetings, implementation workshops and training
- Interacts with Development, Quality Assurance and Project Management at Copperleaf, as required, to escalate and resolve customer issues
- Contributes to the maintenance of CIM Support & Maintenance procedures
- Troubleshoots and provides technical solutions related to software and installation errors
- Creates workaround procedures when standard procedures have failed and ensures issues are resolved in a timely fashion
- Supports development and integration of JANA risk models into CIM
- Directs technical aspects of projects from beginning to end, liaising with the Project Manager on an ongoing basis to ensure all technical project deliverables are met
- Leads technical planning and data gathering sessions with clients to develop in-depth solutions and build long-term relationships
- Reviews progress through project lifetime and anticipates technical barriers to completion of project objectives
- Diagnoses technical problems and recommends engineering solutions
- Writes reports and provides quality peer-review and release of reports, as required
- Develops best practices and tools for technical leadership
The JANA Way: Functions in alignment with JANA's Values and Professional Culture
- Estimates the technical resources and participants needed to achieve project goals
- Delegates technical tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- 1 – 3 years’ experience working as a Support Engineer
- Gas distribution pipeline operational knowledge
- Speaking/Presenting: Clearly articulates ideas, opinions and information in technical presentations and speeches so that the intended purpose is achieved and the needs of the audience are met
- Collaboration: Works effectively with others to achieve positive results
- Analytical Thinking: Summarizes information concisely and clearly identifies key elements, patterns, results or relationships; utilizes data to draw conclusions and make fact-based decisions
- Computer Skills: Proficiency in the Microsoft Suite, with knowledge of Windows, databases and networking, including experience installing client software and SQL Server / Oracle databases and a hands-on ability to code (C, Python, etc.)
Why join us?
- Market competitive employment package, benefits, and profit sharing
- Learning and development opportunities in a rapid growth cutting-edge environment
- Career advancement opportunities in an organization that invests in its employees
JANA Corporation is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please let us know if you require accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.