JANA is a rapidly growing engineering firm focused on improving the integrity of gas distribution and gas transmission pipeline systems through the application of advanced risk modeling technologies. An entrepreneurial company, we provide an exciting, dynamic and respectful work environment where you will be an important contributor to the JANA Team. Our Mission at JANA is “Better Pipelines for a Better World” – we are true believers and inspire our employees to join us in this Mission!
We believe there is genuine value to Risk Assessments for pipelines and associated assets. The key to unlocking the value of these Assessments is to select the approach that is appropriate to the nature of the Assets and the objectives of the Asset Management process. JANA’s state-of-the-art mechanistic-probabilistic risk models – where risk is based on discernable factors so that it can be calculated at a granular level – allow pipeline operators to develop an accurate understanding of risk to create a holistic risk profile. Our approach of Quantitative Analysis is the only approach that creates a true, accurate assessment of the risk of the assets and allows operators to apply this data across different asset families and classes.
JANA's Technical Leads, under the guidance of our DIMP Technical Leads and TIMP Technical Leads, are pioneers in the development and implementation of asset base-specific quantitative risk models for JANA's client base of pipeline operators.
- Ensures pipeline integrity related issues are appropriately addressed in risk modeling approaches
- Liaises with Project Managers, DIMP Technical Leads and TIMP Technical Leads on an ongoing basis
- Executes on technical aspects of piping system Integrity Management, Risk Assessment consulting and Risk Model Development projects
- Under direction from DIMP and TIMP Technical Leads, performs risk analysis on specific pipeline assets
- Reviews and analyzes asset specific information to identify risks and threats
- Develops engineering solutions by applying data analysis techniques, including Reliability modeling and prediction, Fault Tree Analysis, Weibull Analysis, Root-Cause and Root-Cause Failure Analysis (RCA, RCFA)
- Performs detailed engineering calculations
- Writes reports and provides quality peer-review and release on reports, as required
- The JANA Way: Functions in alignment with JANA's Values and Professional Culture
- Estimates the technical resources and participants needed to achieve project goals
- Delegates technical tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering
- Advanced mathematical and statistical techniques
- P.Eng or E.I.T
- Hands-on and able to code as needed
- Speaking/Presenting: Clearly articulates ideas, opinions and information in technical presentations and speeches so that the intended purpose is achieved and the needs of the audience are met
- Collaboration: Works effectively with others to achieve positive results
- Analytical Thinking: Summarizes information concisely and clearly identifies key elements, patterns, results or relationships; utilizes data to draw conclusions and make fact-based decisions
- Computer Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Project, Excel, PowerPoint and Access, with experience developing spreadsheet models, relational databases and presentations