Jamjar Canteen is a from scratch approach restaurant focused on offering traditional home style Lebanese food in a fast casual setting. With our promotion of our manager at UBC, we're looking for the right candidate to step into this fun and exciting role.
Due to the nature of the location, this restaurant requires an individual who thrives in a busy high paced environment and a passion to deliver exceptional experiences by leading a relatively young workforce.
The basic responsibilities of the role go something like as follows:
- Ensure the restaurant is opened and closed daily within posted hours, staffed appropriately, and delivering an experience consistent with our brand perception.
- Oversee excellent customer service and uphold a high level of food quality.
- Perform weekly and daily ordering of beverages as required for the smooth operation of the restaurant.
- Administer ongoing training for both new and existing team members and ensure performance is up to par.
- Perform performance reviews on a quarterly basis and strive for exceptional performance by providing guidance and resources to team members.
- Communicate effectively regarding policies, procedures and any operational items with team members.
- Monitor labor daily and make adjustments to match business demand ensuring costs are kept in line with budget.
- Drive financial performance by holding team member accountable and providing them with the resources to excel in their respective roles.
- Come up with 2 marketing initiatives every month aimed at developing different aspects of the business, financial performance, brand activation, and driving efficiency should be top of mind.
- Consistently drive top line performance by ensuring expenses are minimized and revenues are maximized through avenues such as daily specials, beverage upselling, etc.
- Review invoices weekly and financial statements monthly and look at avenues to maximize profitability.
- Identify one area of opportunity every month with the intention of improving it with the team.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year
- restaurant management/supervisory: 1 year (Required)