Biomedical Services Account Manaager - San Mateo, CA
My client, a very successful medical imaging and biomedical service organization, is looking for a general Biomedical Services Account Manager for an excellent hospital system in San Mateo, CA. They are looking for an individual with 2 - 5 + years of general biomedical service experience and Account Management experience.
About the Company:
My client was formed by the Leadership team, innovators in their field with over 100 years of combined experience in the healthcare industry. Drawing from those decades of service and experience, they aim to reinvent and simplify the concept of medical equipment management. Therefore, they provide flexible, customized and comprehensive solutions that address the complexities you face with asset and medical device management.
They live by Five Guiding Principles, which they have termed TRUST:
Responsibilities and Duties
1. Be a working Account Manager at the hospital helping to effectively manage the customer account, both helping to work on the equipment and manage another biomedical technician at the site. Must be able to attend meetings with upper management, fill out proper paperwork, ensure that PM maintenance and proper inspections are being completed, parts ordering, etc.
2. Performs and documents preventive maintenance and repair of general, specialized and/or high-tech medical equipment and systems with minimal supervision from service management to perform required duties. This may include the maintenance of documentation systems and reporting of information essential to the company and facility medical equipment maintenance reporting systems.
3. Must demonstrate excellent knowledge and use of required test equipment and the electronics, pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical knowledge and skills, including the ability to interpret and effectively utilize service manuals, schematics and other applicable service information.
4. Perform and document preventive maintenance and repair of medical equipment and systems, as assigned, in accordance with established company's procedures.
5. Must demonstrate excellent organizational skills as well as excellent communications, interpersonal and customer relations skills as applied to interactions with personnel and facility staff in accordance with established operational and personnel policies and procedures.
6. Must be an effective liaison between the hospital and the employer ensuring that the customer's needs are being met and that proper medical device guidelines are being followed.
My Client Will Offer:
1. An excellent starting salary, depending on experience, plus paid overtime.
2. Excellent healthcare benefits including health, vision and dental.
4. A 401K with matching.
5. Relocation assistance.
6. A great vacation and time off package.
This is a long term opportunity that will provide you with a lot of stability and growth. If you feel that you are qualified and interested, please send a Word document resume for further information.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $95,000.00 /year