Summary of Position:
The Lead Applications Engineer supports sales and order management within area of assigned responsibility, by performing the following duties personally or through cooperation with employees and supervisors from other departments.
- Design hatchery layouts to define optimal operation of a hatchery based on customer needs. Definition of equipment, ventilation and support systems requirements.
- Creation of technical proposals to support business order intake targets. Technical/Engineering ability to develop technical and commercial solutions from customer specifications.
- Receive customer requirements specifications, interpret and subsequently derive our best solution based upon our portfolio of products and solutions.
- Design of plenum drawings, ventilation, water, humidification, instrumentation, compressed air and drainage systems. Component definition and Bill of Materials based on layout needs.
- Perform design work supported by engineering fundamentals, calculations and testing.
- Identify opportunities to improve hatchery products design.
- Review, implement and improve Design standards and approaches.
- Provides support to other departments in the implementation of designs.
- Provide technical sales support to Order Management and Sales functions, discuss and solve technical requirements with Customers.
- Estimate equipment and system performance, hardware, and price for budgetary estimates.
- Ability to update and manage the opportunities through CRM system.
- Respond to various technical questions regarding products and systems solutions.
- Support and own the Engineering portion in customized projects.
- Identify technical risks and work with the systems engineer to mitigate.
- Make presentations, both internal and external, on behalf of the product line.
- Complete CAD design and detailed drawings with all the required mark-ups
- Project execution and change management in our ERP System.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong engineering and design skills including design conceptualization, three dimensional modeling, prototype evaluation, scientific testing, and report writing.
- AutoCAD, SolidWorks CAD experience required.
- Revit experience preferred.
- Self-starter requiring minimal supervision to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Able to perform in a team environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
*Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering with P.Eng designation, significant experience in Mechanical, Electrical, Design Engineering.
- Thorough knowledge of and demonstrable experience with at least one of the following: design and application of Mechanical systems, ventilation, air or water process systems
- 5-8+ years' experience.
- Significant project engineering experience.
- Significant experience in design and implementation of Customer facing Hardware & Software, developing customer applications for industrial projects.
- Experience with SolidWorks & AutoCAD.
- Availability to travel to customer sites to support sales and project managers.
- Experience in a matrix structure organization.
- Experience in industrial certifications and compliance with UL / CE or similar standards.
- Experience with PLM, ERP and MRP systems.
- Experience designing for an industrial environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year