Assist in the preparation of Statutory & GAAP Financial Statements and handle day to day financial reporting of all activities that will assist management and others in making educated economic decisions about the Company’s future.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Continuously exhibit and uphold Core Values of Integrity, Accountability, Communication and Teamwork, Innovation and Customer Service.
- Responsible for preparing and entering monthly and quarterly journal entries
- Responsible for preparing financial reporting such as internal and external monthly financial statements and annual audits
- Prepare and complete annual and quarterly NAIC statutory financial statements
- May be responsible for cash application, A/R. A/P, suspense clearing, bank account reconciliations, etc.
- Abide by and enforce internal controls and accounting policy, including externally required controls for SOX; ensure audit readiness and compliance
- Interact with and respond to state insurance departments and regulatory authorities if necessary
- Oversee the preparation of reinsurance reports and remittances, tracking of outstanding receivables, and any related reinsurance accounting
- Establish and maintain systems and controls which verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data and enhance the Company’s value
- Assist with financial planning and analysis including budgets, forecasts, results analysis and capital planning
- Respond to the Controller with accurate and timely work to facilitate the Company’s financial needs
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile special reports as necessary
- Conform with and abide by all internal and external regulations and policies
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- GAAP, ledger, account reconciliation, audit/control procedures, cash, A/P, A/R, payroll, income tax, investment accounting, banking and/or accounting systems working knowledge
- Knowledge of Statutory Accounting, Reinsurance Accounting and other aspects of insurance operations a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with exceptional attention to detail
- High level of initiative and motivation
- Strong work ethic with a drive to succeed
- Proactive self-starter with a bias toward teamwork.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple deadlines
- Intermediate to expert level proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Experience and Education
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or related required
- Three plus years’ experience in corporate and/or public accountancy or finance roles required
- CPA designation strongly preferred
- Hands-on accounting experience within the Property and Casualty Insurance industry desired, but not required