Position: Executive Account Manager
Reports to: CEO
Location: Richmond, VA Corporate Headquarters (negotiable)
Est. Travel: 50 +/-%
James River Carriers is a dedicated contract carrier (DCC) transportation company that provides exceptional service throughout the United States. Headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, we focus our attention on distributors and shippers with time sensitive freight and provide specialized solutions for our customers' shipping needs. We learn our customers' supply chain and provide appropriate equipment, staffing, planning, and communication to help them succeed. We challenge ourselves every day to be the most trusted provider of dedicated carrier service in the country.
The Executive Transportation Account Manager has oversight for Account Operations and JRC relationship development of assigned individual customer accounts while also having a goal of contract renewal and add-on business. The ideal candidate will possess superior operational knowledge of the transportation industry and have the initiative to form and develop new relationships with prospective customers and vendors.
This position is fundamental for strategic business activities to include operations, KPI management, safety, driver retention, customer engagement and development. The position will also lead new business start-ups and possess strong communication skills while working in a diverse and growing business environment.
* Direct management of operating customer account locations
* Responsible for current business retention, customer relationships and identifying potential new business
* High level of leadership skills, and ability to coach team members for effective operations
* Development and management of operating performance and financial metrics
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain, Management or related field
* 10 years Transportation experience or combined of education and experience
* Proficient in MS Office applications: Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word
* Preferred experience or knowledge of TMW, Appian or similar software
* Must be motivated, self-directed, organized, and detail oriented
* Strong interpersonal and communications skills
* Results-driven mindset
* Must be authorized to work in the United States
This position generally requires the ability to sit, hear, and talk. The position also requires the ability to use a computer, keyboard and monitor, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Salary and Benefits
Annual Incentive Bonus
Company Paid Life/STD
401k and Company Match
James River Carriers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time