JRA is seeking a full time Administrative Assistant/Bookkeeper. A successful candidate will have strong communication and interpersonal skills, be highly organized and accustomed to working on multiple tasks simultaneously, demonstrated project management abilities, and a personal interest in issues affecting the James River. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, organized, and flexible team player who embraces challenges and works proactively.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide administrative support services to the James River Association staff. Currently, this includes staff located in four locations to include Richmond (headquarters), Lynchburg, Scottsville, and Williamsburg.
- General office management responsibilities to include: answering phone calls, maintaining mail and deliveries, purchasing office supplies and equipment and maintaining proper stock levels.
- Assist with Human Resource functions to include employee entrance and exit procedures, maintaining communications with insurance companies, facilitating required background checks and drug screenings for employees.
- Manage and maintain payroll and facilitate staff expense reports.
- Enter invoices/bills and records payments and receivables into QuickBooks.
- Prepare and run detailed reports from QuickBooks.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Ability to communicate professionally in writing, on the telephone, and in person.
- Well-organized, self-motivated, and detail-oriented
- Strong time management skills with ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently, adapt to changing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to function effectively as part of a team, working collegially and professionally.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel), Quick Books, and SalesForce.
- Strong writing skills with attention to detail for spelling and punctuation.
JRA offers a dynamic and flexible work environment with a generous and comprehensive benefits package. Salary will be commensurate with experience. JRA is an equal opportunity employer. To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter, with salary history, by email to email@example.com or by mail to:
JRA Administrative Assistant/Bookkeeper Search
211 Rocketts Way, Suite 200
Richmond, VA 23231
Resumes will be reviewed as they are received. The position will remain open until filled, but interviews will be scheduled with qualified candidates starting February 2020. Otherwise, no calls or visits, please.