The James L. Maher Center is a non-profit organization that provides services to nearly 200 participants with intellectual and developmental disabilities in the East Bay Area and on Aquidneck Island. See our website www.MaherCenter.org for additional information on the company.
We are seeking a highly motivated "hands-on" Accountant who is a problem solver, is detail-oriented and focused on practical solutions to issues. We offer competitive salary and a generous health benefit plan.
Please include cover letter and salary requirements with resume.
Accountant Responsibilities and Duties:
- Account reconciliations and analysis for both balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Perform monthly financial close activities including update and maintenance of the General Ledger, analysis of account variances and reporting of results to management.
- Perform month-end closing activities, including departmental expenses, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and General Ledger accrued accounts.
- Complete monthly accounting reconciliation book and journal entry under Agency policy.
- Review month end result and prepare monthly accruals and standard journal entries.
- Perform monthly analysis of general ledger account variances and reconcile changes.
- Assist on key efficiency metrics to enforce multiple site efficiency.
- Prepare of internal and external reporting packages, taking advantage of opportunities to enhance usefulness and efficiency.
- Prepare for and participate in internal and external audits.
- Ensure compliance with Client's Policies and Procedures.
- Comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for financial statements
- Assist in the development of procedures to improve efficiency Assist with financial audits and taxes preparation.
- Assist with the annual budget preparation and periodic forecasts.
- Perform special projects and ad-hoc reporting as required.
- Perform other accounting duties as assigned by management.
- Educational Qualifications:
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline required.
- Requires 3+ years of related accounting experience.
- Working knowledge of GAAP Accounting Principles.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong team-building skills and the proven ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Proficiency in MS Office including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong track record of accurate and timely financial accounting.
- A valid driver's license in state of residence and favorable National Background Check required
In addition to a culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion, we offer a competitive benefit package for Full-Time employees, including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Vacation and Sick Days
- Holiday Pay
- Personal Day
- Life Insurance and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Educational Reimbursement
- Employee Wellness Initiatives
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 3 years (Preferred)