The Database Administrator contributes to the successful operation of pension administration systems by providing implementation, configuration, troubleshooting, security and performance-related support services for Oracle database and middleware products, including support of the underlying platform operating system (Linux/Windows).
To be considered, applicants MUST have the following:
- MUST be eligible to work in Canada.
- MUST be able to obtain and maintain security clearance as a condition of employment.
- Must be willing to work outside normal work schedule to achieve deadlines.
- Must be able to participate in on-call schedule.
- Performs database administration activities including:
- Conducting capacity planning and allocating system storage.
- Installing, configuring, updating, and migrating databases
- Installing and configuring Linux, HP-UX, and Windows servers to run the Oracle applications.
- Controlling and monitoring user access
- Maintaining database security posture by following Oracle recommended Critical Patch Update schedule.
- Identifying, responding to, and resolving or escalating issues reported by users and troubleshooting
- Ensuring compliance with database vendor license agreements.
- Planning and conducting the backup and/or recovery of database information, including maintenance of archived data
- Contacting database vendors to obtain technical support.
- Creating regular and ad-hoc queries and reports.
- Maintaining IT documentation on database and server configuration.
- Analyses project-related database requirements and collaborates with project managers to resolve issues and alerts the Manager, IT Services regarding issues of concern.
- From time-to-time, fulfills the role of Database Lead: plans activities, delegates tasks, monitors progress, provides assistance when necessary, and ensures results are accomplished within timelines.
- Ensures service delivery meets Service Level Agreements established with internal and external clients.
- Degree or diploma in an IT discipline, preferred.
- Foundation level Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), or equivalent, preferred.
- One or more of the following professional certifications, or equivalent, preferred:
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA);
- Oracle Database Administrator Certified Associate;
- Oracle Database Administrator Certified Professional;
- Oracle WebLogic Administrator Certified Associate;
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA).
Recent (within the past three years) related experience:
- Must have three (3) years of experience working in a database administration role: installing, configuring and monitoring the performance of database operations; maintaining security and user access; troubleshooting, and providing backup and recovery services.
- Must have three (3) years of experience in implementing Oracle Fusion Middleware components (WLS, IAS, Oracle Web Cache, OEM, BI Publisher, Identity Management, Oracle Forms and Report).
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux, HP-UX server installation, configuration, and monitoring.
- Windows server installation, configuration, and monitoring.
- Database administration, technologies, security, tools and management principles, particularly installation and configuration of Linux, HP-UX, and Windows server, and server and Oracle patch management.
- Understanding of the interrelationships between databases and other aspects of information system operations and performance.
- Oracle Fusion Middleware components.
- Oracle 10g/11g/12c database installation and administration.
- Oracle Forms and Reports deployment and administration.
- Oracle WebLogic and application deployment and administration.
- Oracle RAC deployment and administration.
- Oracle Grid Control or Oracle Enterprise Manager Tools.
- VMware virtualization.
- Writing SQL queries, shell/Windows script.
- Industry/JEA software development life cycle, technologies, and tools.
To apply, forward your resume and a brief cover letter introducing yourself in an email with the subject line "Database Administrator - Indeed".
We appreciate and thank everyone interested in the position. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- database administration: 3 years
- Oracle Fusion Middleware: 3 years