The Jamaica Bearings Group is a leading Supply Chain Solutions Supplier, including product distribution management, direct line feed and kitting to the Global Aerospace, Defense, Rail, Transit and Hi-tech industrial markets. Specializing in highly engineered and critical products and in-house engineering capabilities to support Supply Chain improvements.
Working primarily in the aerospace field with customers, vendors and team members to develop and introduce new or revised products producing costs savings, additional sales and added value to all three parties. Priorities include engineered sales development, problem resolution, & project management.
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Performs research, design and development of processes.
- Coordinates with the customer and their engineers in the launching of new/revised products, including establishing goals, and evaluating results.
- Performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement and efficiency improvement.
- Represents JBG to our customer and vendors, at both technical and sales level.
- Liaison role between Customer and subcontractor at all levels
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Traits
- Preferable working knowledge of Anti-friction rolling element bearings of all types, plain, spherical & rod-end bearings. (can be taught)
- Ability to read and interpret customer drawings, related specifications, engineering changes and general requirements.
- Compile, Interpret & Review First Article Inspection Reports (FAIRS).
- Work both in a team environment and independently.
- Develop & document procedures and processes.
- Knowledge of company capabilities, bearings and associated hardware and components.
- Ability to take initiative, to maintain confidentiality, to meet deadlines
- A Can Do attitude with all challenges
- Communication—written, oral, phone, internet, email etiquette
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from their manager
- Manage projects and activities
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or related field.
- Legal resident of the USA
- Proficient in English (read & write), understand and follow verbal instructions
Jamaica Bearings Group offers a competitive compensation package including company funded health plan, company funded pension plan, matching 401K plan, generous time off policies and much more.
Jamaica Bearings Group is and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts