JAKKS Pacificn is searching for a product Designer who has doll and toy design experience. The role requires an excellent understanding of dolls, toys, fashion manufacturing, strong project management skills, and the ability to oversee multiple SKUs.The ideal candidate should also have great sketching ability, experience in the doll arena, and an eye for fashion design.
Working in a fast-paced environment, you’ll need to show a passion for what you are working on and a constant desire to up your game. You’ll need to be prepared to speak to your designs and explain why they’re good, and be open to input and happy to make changes to get the product to the next level. You’ll need to be pro-active to get stuff done and know how to get people to understand your vision.
- Oversee the design and development on the Disney Princess brand
- Work with the internal Jakks team and the DCP counterparts to continually refresh and innovate the product
- Manage product design projects on a daily basis including utilizing the internal support teams and outside vendors as needed
- Create clear product line presentations for internal and Disney review.
- Prepare sketches of potential product ideas and concepts
- Prepare various product description / documentation forms required by the Engineering and Product Departments for turnover of final product designs for manufacturing
- Work closely with the Hong Kong based engineers to deliver products on time and on cost
- Oversee the development of multiple products at the same time
- Experience of managing and developing multiple SKUs, preferably in the doll or collectible categories would be good.
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Understanding and good working knowledge of plastic assembly design
- Strong sketching ability and the skills to communicate verbally and visually
- Able to give art direction to outsourced talent and take responsibility for the schedules and costs
- Must be open to change and able to cope in a fast paced, and fun work environment
- An eye for fashion design and trends is a big plus
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- 5 years experience as a designer in the consumer goods industry, preferably with 4 years in toys
- Proven ideation, brainstorming, concept rendering, sketching and computer skills, are essential
- Industrial Design/ Toy Design/ Fashion Design degree or equivalent
- Creating innovative fun stuff
- Ideas: no matter where they come from
- Integrity always
- Partnerships: being successful together
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- People having fun working and growing together
- Driving results