Account Representative (with Advancement Opportunity)
State Farm Agents Jake Stewart is hiring! Stewart Agents have represented State Farm in San Francisco for over 65 years. State Farm Insurance has more auto & fire insurance policies on the books than any other insurer in the United States.
We are currently looking for an Account Representative who will help us meet customers insurance needs with the right products and solutions for them. This is NOT a cold-calling position and a large percentage of sales are made to existing policyholders reaching out for additional insurance needs or referrals in to the agency.
Account Representative Responsibilities will include:
- Take care of our current clients with world class customer service, while using those opportunities to discuss missing insurance lines that may be appropriate.
- Explain features, benefits and drawbacks of specific insurance and/or financial products
- Calculate premiums, applicable discounts and other payments for products and services
- Customize recommendations for prospects/clients based on their personal situation and their own goals and objectives. Sell and initiate these products and services.
- Prepare forms, applications, agreements and other paperwork to initiate new policies
Account Representative Requirements:
- Have the highest level of integrity
- Be an exceptional people person who communicates easily and naturally
- Have the ability to take initiative and drive results
- Have the ability to work well with a team & multiple personality types
- Be a great problem solver - one who sees opportunities, and not just problems
- Have a valid Casualty/Property Broker-Agent Insurance license in CA, or currently be licensed in another state. (If you do not have your license, we will consider you if you agree to obtain your license before starting)
- Have an employment track record that shows stability, NOT job hopping. It is not a good investment for us to invest in those who have not shown prior commitment to their previous employers. If you have held many jobs in the previous few years, your application will be rejected without further review.
- An opportunity for growth, development and learning in the areas of insurance, financial services and customer interaction.
- Specific mentorship to teach the ins and the outs of this wonderful small business opportunity.
- The opportunity to work with motivated co-workers in a collaborative team.
- A vibrant South of Market office in San Francisco.
- Base Salary with monthly commissions and bonuses.
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits for employees - ~95% paid for by the employer.
- Paid Time Off.
For motivated workers who show the ability to achieve results and a strong desire to embrace future challenges, the opportunity for advancement is incredible. We have an intentional mentorship track within the office for those representatives that express a desire to one day open their own State Farm Agency. There are approximately 18,000 self-employed State Farm Agents in the United States. Over 85% of them will remain agents for life, where they control their future earnings, schedule and office environment. It is hard work, but a wildly rewarding career. Our mentorship track is designed to prepare individuals for this career through providing sales experience, teaching business acumen and knowledge of State Farm. The transition to one's own agency can be achieved in as little as 18 months, but is dependent on the sales results of the employee and State Farm's hiring process and openings. We recently supported an employee in making that transition and he opened up his own agency in 2017.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
Insurance License Required: