- Respond to and address all general inquiries, as the initial point of contact for the organization
- Coordinate and attend workshops and events for families, partner organizations and the general community
- Initiate and lead communication with Autism Service Providers and the other strategic contacts, building and enhancing community relationships and partnerships
- Respond to community stakeholders in a timely manner
- Organize and manage volunteer events for Jake's House
- Manage administrative tasks, such as performing research, gathering data, preparing reports, managing databases and other clerical work
- Manage logistics for the leadership team and board of directors
- Organize conferences, board meetings and other events
- Manage and maintain IT database; Salesforce, One Drive and G Suite
- Coordinate payroll services for new employees as well as existing employees; administrator for ADP payroll
Job Type / Category
Jake's House is seeking a National Community Relations Manager, responsible for leading community engagement and for providing support to the Jake's House leadership team, such as office management, technical assistance and human resource tasks. Reporting to the President and COO, the successful candidate will manage community relations and engagement initiatives, coordinating and facilitating all activities. The National Community Relations Manager will be the initial point of contact for families and volunteers interested in services offered by Jake's House; and will proactively build and preserve trusting relationships with our community stakeholders.
To succeed in this role, you should be an excellent communicator, be able to liaise with diverse community stakeholders, be self-motivated, have strong problem-solving skills and have the ability to work within a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- At minimum, a post-secondary diploma
- Minimum 2-3 year's experience in an administrative role
- Advanced interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent relationship building abilities and a customer service mindset
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Project management abilities; organized, with capacity to effectively multitask and prioritize
- Problem assessment and solving abilities; analytical, self-motivated, proactive and resourceful
- Thrive in collaborative, dynamic and fast-paced environments that require adaptability
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weeknights and weekends as required
- Ability to attend meetings and events; this position requires in-office work as well as some travel
- Experience working in culturally diverse setting
- Successful police clearance
Additional Assets Include:
- Familiarity with Salesforce, G Suite and ADP
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office; including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowing someone with autism is an added benefit
- Knowledge of the autism community is an asset
- Bilingualism is an asset
Founded in 2004 by Irene and David Bodanis, Jake's House was originally inspired by their experience after their son, Jake, was diagnosed with ASD in 1995.
Primarily through events and programming, we strive to empower children; offer caregivers support and respite; raise awareness; share resources; and build a close-knit community. We are dedicated to delivering assistance to those who need it right now, but we are also determined to establish a support system that will last beyond our lifetimes.
As we continue to connect with and adapt to the needs of those currently living with autism, we are also growing a network of committed supporters—a family that understands and cares, now and in the future.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- Administrative Support: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)