Staff Accountant (Temporary Role)
Accounting Manager in Westlake Village, CA
This is a temporary position (3-6 month project)
We are looking for a Temporary Staff Accountant who can thrive in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will possess a natural ability to build relationships across the organization in order to improve processes, streamline operations and ensure accurate, timely and relevant financial reporting. The ideal candidate will have excellent attention to detail, self-motivation, and knowledge of general accounting practices and procedures.
- Assist with the month-end close process with specific focus on analysis & reconciliation
- Assist with preparing monthly journal entries and account reconciliations for the Company's foreign subsidiaries
- Assist with Fixed Assets reconciliations: collecting all supporting documents, creating new fixed assets in accounting system and preparing fixed assets roll-forward
- Assist in defining company accounting policies, ensuring compliance with those policies and training stakeholders on the policies
- Play a key role in helping to streamline, automate, and continuously improve processes and internal controls as we build out our financial systems to support our growth
- Ad-hoc special projects and financial analysis related to accounting operations function, as needed.
- Preparation of supporting schedules for financial reporting purpose
- Bachelor's Degree required (or 4 years of equivalent work experience), preferably in Business, Accounting, or related field
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Intermediate proficiency level within MS Excel (V-lookups, formulas, filtering, sorting, formatting)
- NetSuite experience a plus
- Working knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls, and financial reporting
- A strong work ethic with high integrity and ethical standards and strong solving skills
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving and constantly evolving high growth environment
J.D. Power is a global leader in consumer insights, data, analytics, and advisory services that helps clients drive growth and profitability. The company's industry benchmarks and reputation for independence and integrity have established it as one of the world's most well-known and trusted brands.
J.D. Power has been capturing and analyzing the Voice of the Customer across more than a dozen industries globally for 50 years. We know measuring customer experience is not easy, but that's where we come in. Through our proprietary index model ( http://www.jdpower.com/about-us/about-our-industry-benchmarks#customerexperienceindexmodel ), we identify the many drivers of customer experience, accurately measure and link their impact to business results, and uncover insights to drive results for our clients.
Our Data, Analytics, and Resources
Across 18 offices globally, our team of more than 800 professional analysts, statisticians, economists, consultants, and experts in demographics and consumer behavior focus on delivering insights clients can act on immediately. We serve an increasing number of countries and regions around the world, including Brazil, India, Japan, Taiwan, China, Philippines, Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, South Korea, Canada, Mexico, Europe, Australia, Germany, and the UK.
We understand that the customer experience is vital and that simply measuring it is not enough. Our analysts focus on driving results that will improve customer loyalty and advocacy and our success is driven by how much we help improve your customer experience. But data is only as powerful as the analysis and insights tied to it--and we are putting that power in your hands through our interactive VoX reporting platform ( http://www.jdpower.com/advisory-services/customer-experience-management ). The data, analytics, insights, best practices, and action plans you need are available whenever and wherever you need them, to help you make data-driven decisions that will improve your customer experience and drive positive financial results.
To all recruitment agencies:
J.D. Power does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.