SUPPLY CHAIN QUALITY ASSURANCE ENGINEER
Irving Shipbuilding Inc., located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defence.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is seeking a Supply Chain Quality Assurance Engineer.
This is a permanent full-time role based in Halifax, NS.
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing, automotive, aerospace or constructions industries
- Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or Business.
- Six Sigma Black belt
- Experience in Sourcing, Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing and program management
- Experience in developing and implementing vendor qualification programs
- Strong knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Numerically astute with strong problem-solving skills and expertise to develop and execute objectives
- Interface across functions to prioritize supplier development needs by part to improve cost competitiveness or supply constraints
- Assess new and existing supplier capabilities to meet product, cost, quality, capacity and fulfilment
- Drive improvements utilizing Lean methodologies, supplier scorecards and own supplier audit, ensuring supplier compliance
- Track the supplier's performance indicators, based on their scorecards and rankings
- Develop positive relationships and work closely with sourcing leaders to manage, implement and track supplier/engineering, design changes
- Provide technical expertise and leadership to sourcing and development of suppliers with respect to technology, performance, quality, cost, logistics and delivery
- Provide leadership during investigations of major problems and or special projects focusing on developing working relationships with suppliers and the supply chain with regard to product development and procurement of parts
- Responsible for leading the solution for supplier product concerns, driving Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), customer interaction, supplier interaction, Value Analysis/Value Engineering (VA/VE) support, supplier component development and approval and supplier cost improvements
- Carry out new supplier validation audits, with supplier support and supplier Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP)
- Assessment of new and existing supplier capabilities to meet product, cost, quality, capacity and fulfilment targets
What We Offer:
Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision
For further details, please contact Tracey MacCharles: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=QUALITY CONTROL ENGINEER
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Please be advised that some positions have been designated as 'Safety Sensitive' where the employee holding the position has a heightened responsibility for his/her own safety or the safety of others due to the nature of the job. If this is the case, you will be informed in the interview process
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.