The Service Desk Analyst is a part of a professional team of people providing a single point of contact for the efficient resolution of end-user technical problems and requests. The Service Desk supports our clients 24x7. As a member of this team, the Analyst will manage multiple priorities, generate innovative solutions to problems and develop skills required to support the efforts of the user community.
- The Application Tester acts in the role of reviewer to test our systems when a new version is completed. This means working with the development team to test the latest change set, as well as perform regression testing for major builds.
- The purpose of this position is to provide a single point of contact for all the Information Technology (IT) technical support needs of our organization. The position provides consultation and technical support to external customers regarding PC equipment, networks, and servers to support our software systems. This support includes receiving technical trouble calls, troubleshooting and diagnosing the cause, logging details, solving, escalating, and following up on problem calls. This position works very closely with all colleagues within IT to keep our company's IT infrastructure operational at all times.
Job Type / Category
- Provide level 1 technical support for all Information Technology (IT) related requests. Support functions include taking incoming calls from external clients, processing automated service and/or new setup requests, as well as making outbound calls when needed to follow up on more complicated issues. Emphasis on first call resolution of problems with PC hardware and software, networks, servers, security issues, and any other IT related areas. Escalate issues to 2nd level technical support groups as needed to ensure SLA requirements are met, and log all requests in the problem management system.
- Review and provide feedback on testing deliverable to the development team. Must be able to perform a step wise review to test enhancements as well as formalize the regression test process to ensure overall product stability.
- Includes evening shifts and over-night / weekend on-call telephone support (additional compensation)
- Assist IT Desktop Support with new setups. This includes both software and hardware installations.
- Assist with various projects as assigned.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Required - Must communicate clearly, courteously and professionally over the phone.
- Required - Must demonstrate excellent written communication skills, and have the ability to quickly draft clear and concise e-mail communications.
- Required - Ability to remain calm during pressure situations.
- Required - English Language
- Preferred - Help desk or client service experience
Other skills that would be beneficial to a successful candidate
- Experience reviewing applications to test for bugs and locating any abnormal behavior and then providing feedback to the dev team.
- Experience troubleshooting desktop issues on Windows systems.
- Excellent problem solving skills and broad understanding of relationships between hardware and applications, and client/server relationships.
- Ability to perform call-tracking functions such as technical documentation while on the phone with the customer.
- Demonstrated ability to probe, diagnose and resolve customer issues. Excellent listening skills. Detail oriented.
Career Level Required
1+ to 2 Years
Some College Coursework Completed
Interdev is a leader in Electronic Patient Care Reports with the product iMEDIC EMS.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 /hour