About the Organization
Since 1888, Inscape has been designing products and services that are focused on the future, so businesses can adapt and evolve without investing in their workspaces all over again. Our versatile portfolio includes systems furniture, storage, and walls – all of which are adaptable and built to last. Inscape’s wide dealer network, showrooms in the United States and Canada, along with full service and support for all of our clients, enables us to stand out from the crowd. We make it simple. We make it smart. We make our clients wonder why they didn’t choose us sooner.
We are currently looking for a Product Engineer to join our team.
About the Opportunity:
The Product Engineer will play an instrumental role in developing and maintaining methods to ensure efficient, effective, innovative, and quality manufacturing solutions. Reporting to the Product Engineering Manager, the Product Engineer supports production by working in partnership with key stakeholders and the plant to ensure proper project coordination and management of engineering launch matters as they relate to new or enhanced products.
Responsibilities & what you’ll be doing:
* Develop and manage detailed engineering project plans, including scope, return on investment, timelines, status reporting, change notices, launch planning and training;
* Ensure solutions can be produced and assembled in an efficient and cost-effective manner by Inscape’s facilities or suppliers;
* Investigate and analyze new and/or existing products and processes to meet production and performance requirements or improvements;
* Liaise with other departments to facilitate the continuous improvement of product designs and internal operations (Design Engineering, Maintenance, Purchasing, QA and Production, etc.);
* Ensure drawings have all the information required to produce the product efficiently and according to Inscape standards;
* Review and modify manufacturing drawings to support existing projects;
* Coordinate and process Drawing Release Notices & Engineering Changes;
* Create MRP product structures to map models and ensure accurate flow of information;
* Remain current on product lines, manufacturing capabilities and new production capabilities;
* Provide technical support for products to all Inscape departments;
* Assist in the development and control of project budgets;
* Collaborate with Product Engineering Manager to develop and maintain methods and standards to ensure the manufacturing of quality and cost-effective products;
* Product / process improvement projects, special projects and other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
* Degree in Mechanical Engineering;
* 5-7 years’ experience in a similar role within the manufacturing industry;
* Good knowledge of manufacturing processes (sheet metal / aluminum / wood fabrication, assembly, etc.);
* Experience reading and interpreting blueprints / drawings as well as operational and procedural documents;
* Experience in drafting and 3D modeling. Aptitude for 3D visualization and Industrial Design;
* Familiar with ADA compliance, architectural hardware, building specifications & documentation;
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively present and clarify concerns and concepts to various audiences;
* Strong project management skills;
* Advanced proficiency with MS Office Suite and MRP systems. Experience with 3D drafting systems;
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills including the ability to be resourceful in defining solutions;
* Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple deliverables in a time-sensitive environment and adapt to frequently changing priorities;
* Demonstrated team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
* Self-motivated, quick learner with a strong work ethic and dedication to timely and accurate reporting and project delivery;
* Highly attentive to detail and committed to quality;
* Service focused with a strong sense of urgency.
Like what you’re hearing so far, but still wondering if Inscape is right for you? We also offer:
* A competitive base salary and comprehensive health benefits;
* 401k with employer matching;
* Work-life balance with flexible work hours;
* Support of continuing education training and programs;
* Ongoing on-the-job learning and development; learning from a leader with a wealth of knowledge;
* Opportunity to evolve with a growing organization.
Interested in being a part of Inscape? We look forward to your application! Inscape embraces diversity and encourages all qualified applicants to apply. Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the hiring process. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.