We are looking for a passionate Intermediate QA Specialist to join our team. As a QA Specialist in our company, you will have the opportunity to work on new and exciting projects in a fully Agile/Scrum team environment.
Reporting to the Business Solution Delivery QA Lead for Digital sub-domain, the Intermediate QA Specialist will have a diversified role supporting the continuous Development and QA of in-house application delivery. He or she will contribute in enhancing the manual and automated test processes, and help drive continuous improvements by implementing industry best practices.
Major Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Collaborate closely with other team members and cross functional departments (BA, DEV, UAT)
- Create test scripts based on requirements, functional designs and users stories
Identify and create test data for specific scenarios
Manually execute test scripts and review actual versus expected results
Design and develop automation scripts when needed
Manage and report test results and defects and identify opportunities for automating test results reporting.
- Execute various types of testing (Component, Application, System, Integration, End-to-End and Regression)
Apply quality engineering principles throughout the Agile product lifecycle
Critical Skills and Competencies Characteristics
Prior experience with QA practices within different software development methodologies
2+ years of test automation practice and a good understanding of different automation frameworks (Selenium and QTP/UFT).
4+ years of experience with Quality Center/ALM and JIRA
- Prior experience with SOAP/REST and Cloud technologies
- 2+ years of experience in web services testing (ReadyAPI is a plus)
Undergraduate degree in computer science/engineering or collegiate diploma in computer science or equivalent experience.
OVERALL SKILLS – ABILITIES
Ability to work effectively in a cross-disciplinary Scrum team, across multiple projects and multiple locations
Sharp analytical and problem-solving capabilities
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time-management skills
Achievement & Results Focus