Innergex Renewable Energy Inc. is a global player with an extensive and growing portfolio of assets in Canada, the United States, France, Chile and Iceland. The Company develops, owns, acquires and operates run-of-river hydroelectric facilities, wind farms, solar farms and geothermal plants exclusively producing renewable energy.
Sustainable development producing positive social, environmental and economic results guides our actions. We are not only proud of the work we do, but also of the way we do it. Our many accomplishments and continued successes are made possible by our outstanding team of employees.
Innergex, a publicly traded company, has offices in Longueuil, Vancouver, Lyon and San Diego.
The chosen candidate will be based at our Vancouver office and must be available for frequent travel to the United States.
Role and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Director - Operations, Wind and Solar Energy, the Project Engineer - Operations, Solar Energy will oversee the day-to-day operation of two solar facilities in the US Midwest in collaboration with O&M service providers. Additional duties may include participating to the transition into operations of solar sites under construction.
The main responsibilities are as follow:
- Be the main point of contact for all operations-related matter for two solar facilities;
- Ensure the facilities are managed safely in accordance with Innergex and O&M provider procedures where appropriate;
- Ensure compliance with environmental regulations pertaining to hazardous waste, oil spill prevention, avian studies and wildlife conservation;
- Oversee operations and ensure that maintenance-related activities are aligned with the performance requirements outlined in related contracts;
- Monitor SCADA for the solar facilities and substations to ensure proper plant production and make sure that issues are managed appropriately by O&M contractors;
- Produce daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports in accordance with operational, safety, regulatory and environmental performance requirements;
- Establish good relationships with and manage the Owner's obligations towards all stakeholders including O&M contractors, off- takers, landowners, community, authorities and others as required;
- Undertake periodic safety inspections of work being performed at the facilities and escalate issues to O&M provider as required;
- Ensure that plant, civil, and other issues are monitored, tracked and accurately reported, and that the O&M provider is held accountable;
- Engage appropriate internal and external resources to diagnose and rectify performance and reliability issues;
- Communicate short to medium term forecast costs and any change to the budgets to the appropriate internal departments;
- Review invoices and make sure the costs charged to the project are correct;
- Conduct and report on periodic meetings with contractors and partners;
- Additional duties as required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and spoken);
- Strong sense of ownership over work and overall team objectives;
- Proven ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams and to interact with diverse stakeholders;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with rapidly changing priorities;
- Eagerness to learn from and join an experienced team of professionals;
- Ability to identify process improvements and efficiencies;
- Solid organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload;
- Available for frequent travel to sites, primarily in the US, approximately 20% of the time.
- Undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering with focus on solar energy (other disciplines will be considered if combined with relevant experience);
- 1 to 2 years of experience in an industrial operations environment;
- Demonstrated commitment to safety, quality and environmental excellence;
- Experience working with specialized consultants and contractors;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, with emphasis on Excel and databases;
- Experience in the renewable energy industry an asset;
- Must have a valid driver's licence in good standing;
- Must have a valid passport and the ability to travel to the US.
Job Type: Full-time