Senior Web Application Developer (Remote)
* 9–12-month Contract position with potential to turn permanent
* Remote Position (during and post-pandemic)
* Monday – Friday, must be able to work Eastern Standard Hours (EST)
* Work with purpose, passion and heart, be part of a high performing agile project team
You became a developer because you love innovation and want to be at the forefront of new ideas and technologies.
You love managing complex projects from initial specification to full delivery and ongoing support. You have strong leadership abilities and consider yourself creative and adaptable. If this sounds like you, we’ve got just the opportunity for you.
Ian Martin Group has partnered with a company that provides full-service support to their clients. They provide a full roster of digital experts from designers and developers to digital marketing and strategists. Their mission is to help those who do good, do better. That means they partner with purpose-driven brands and organizations.
Senior Web Application Developer
As the new Senior Web Application Developer, you are skilled at building custom CMS solutions, and integrating front end code and designs with CMS functionality. You’ll work as part of an agile project team of strategists, designers, writers, and other developers.
You’ll need to rely on your years of experience, to troubleshoot and resolve issues independently, but also know when to ask for help if needed. You are comfortable communicating with clients in writing and face to face (or video) and show a keen awareness of timeline and budget limitations.
This is a full-time 9–12-month contract position, with potential to turn into a permanent position. You’ll work remotely, Monday to Friday during and post-pandemic in a remote role working from the US or Canada during EST hours. You’ll also receive a salary commensurate with experience. You must also be currently eligible to work in the US or Canada.
* Minimum 4 years experience as a senior technical architect/project lead. "Full stack" experience preferred
* Minimum 5 years experience in .NET development, particularly in .NET 4.x and web application development (C#), ASP.Net Web Forms, ASP .NET Core, MVC, and ASP.NET Web API
* Experience developing integrations by creating and using service layers (REST, GraphQL)
* High proficiency with Windows Server (IIS) and experience with cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS, Rackspace Cloud, etc.
* Relational database design and programming expertise (MS SQL Server)
* Proven experience with DevOps, continuous integration, and deployment tools such as Azure DevOps, TeamCity, Jenkins, Travis CI, Web Deploy, Octopus Deploy, Fake, Cake, Gulp, etc
* Advanced source code management skills with Git, using branching strategies such as Git Flow, and managing code reviews with pull requests
* Strong debugging skills combined with experience using performance and load testing tools.
* Fluent in HTML5/CSS3
* Minimum 1 year experience working with Kentico CMS (primary content management platform), or at least two years of professional experience working with another .NET-based CMS (e.g., EpiServer, SiteCore, Sitefinity, DotNetNuke, Ektron)
* Proven experience in a technical leadership role with strong leadership, organizational, communication, and negotiation skills
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain the technical aspects of a project to nontechnical people
* Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Considered an Asset:
* Experience with serverless architecture such as Azure Functions, AWS Lambda, Netlify Functions
* Knowledge of and/or experience with NoSQL technologies such as RavenDB, MongoDB, DocumentDB, etc.
* Professional experience working in Scrum and / or Kanban with Agile teams
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At the Ian Martin, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.