Why join Igloo:
One of our core beliefs at Igloo is that people are a company's biggest asset. This philosophy is woven into everything we do at Igloo - our behaviors, our culture, and especially our digital workplace solutions (which we use every day). And that's why we can offer you a superior employee experience that goes beyond superficial perks and promises, and gives you the true sense of purpose you've been waiting for.
Igloo's goal is to help people communicate and collaborate in the workplace. This means creating simple but effective workflows to enable people to create content and a delightful experience for consuming and collaborating on it. We need a design leader who fights for the user, sets a high bar for design in all of our products and is a champion for instilling a design culture in our business.
Why this role is important:
You walk in the shoes of the user, think in experiences and are passionate about creating solutions that are intuitive and motivating. You understand that design and performance are not mutually exclusive, and you know how to blend the two. And you love making interfaces that are easy to use and beautiful at the same time.
You use a spectrum of tools:
personas, design sprints, customer journey maps, wireframes, and occasionally, the back of a napkin to help you design effective solutions to customer problems. You love taking rough ideas and iterating on them until they are a refined product that reinforces our brand and vision.
You enjoy working and collaborating with product managers, developers, testers and company leadership to create the best experiences for customers. You will question and gather feedback on designs, prototypes and demos to ensure they live up to a high standard. Above all else you are passionate about product design, the user, and designing delightful experiences.
The impact you'll have:
What you'll need:
- Product Design: create functional and modern user interface designs and experiences for our end users.
- Design Guide: create and maintain design guidelines to ensure consistency across our applications.
- Simplify: take complex ideas and translate them into clean workflows based on user research.
- Usability Testing: engage with our customers and product team to understand user needs and competitive landscape
- User Stories: aid in the creation of user stories and support our engineering teams during scrum sprints.
- Collaborate: work with a team of UX Designers & cross functional teams to bring UX/UI concepts to life
- Advocate: champion the importance of UX design within Igloo
Tech Stack (brownie points!):
- 5+ years' experience working in a UX role for web-based platforms.
- 3-year diploma or 4-year degree in design, computer science, human-computer interaction, or similar.
- Experience in user research, interaction design and visual design for the web.
- Experience with responsive and native mobile app design (iOS, Android).
- Experience in the creation, evolution and use of design systems.
- Strong creative research, writing, and design skills.
- Strong communication skills, but better listening skills.
- You live in Sketch for early concepts, wireframes and high-fidelity mockups.
- Adept at creating interactive prototypes with InVision, Marvel, Flinto or similar tools.
What we have to offer:
- Native mobile app design (iOS, Android)
We offer health benefits, a training budget for every employee, fair-trade coffee and tea, treats every pay day, and an eco-bonus for people who take alternative transportation to work. You choose whether you work on a Mac or PC, and we give our developers stipends to buy whatever hardware makes your work easier.
If you're looking for a role with the right mix of autonomy and team collaboration, an environment that fosters transparency and trust, a company with seasoned leadership and backed by a leading investment firm, a career with lots of opportunity and room for growth, and a chance to personally influence how organizations work, then we invite you to step inside Igloo.
Sound like you? Apply now!
Igloo welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Learn more about Igloo Software ( https://www.igloosoftware.com/careers/ )