IGA Graphic Designer
Independent Grocers Alliance (IGA) is looking to add a skilled Graphic Designer to join the creative team. You will be involved in each stage of design from concept to publish; brainstorming in creative meetings, researching element of the design, and creating a highly optimized enjoyable experience for our shoppers and retailers who will see your work every day.
- You think critically and tend to ask more questions to fully understand the need at hand.
- You back your decisions with metrics and research.
- You problem solve, and if you don't know the answer you find it.
- You create, and you have an exceptional eye for design.
- You plan, but you are quick to pivot if there is a better way.
- You like a little bit of chaos and the thought of collaborating with others to build something revolutionary excites you.
- You stay organized.
What You'll Do as a Graphic Designer:
- Create graphics, illustrations, ads, for both print and web
- Post weekly articles and content to our website
- Prepare our eNews, The IGA Minute, each week by adding content to the template, aligning with website articles
- Suggest and implement design changes to enhance the workflow or allure of the design
- Design for the IGA national ad on Flipp, our annual event, IGA Global Rally, and several other projects, adhering to the IGA brand guidelines
- Manage datasheet and assets for the IGA national ad
- Photograph products to create ads for our national ad (flipp.com)
- BA/BS degree in a Graphic Design related field or equivalent work experience
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and PowerPoint.
- Articulate to defend your ideas in front of a variety of audiences
- Guided by strong understanding of design principles
- The ability to give & receive well supported, constructive feedback
- A desire to collaborate and create
- Energetic, optimistic, creative & detail-oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to create original artwork within brand guidelines
- Experience working within a team of designers
- After Effects and Premier are a plus.
- At least 2 years working with CMS (our website is built on HubSpot)
- Experience in FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods)
Location: 8745 W. Higgins, Chicago, IL 60631 Ste. 350
Hours: 7-4 or 8-5
Job Type: Full-time
- photoshop: 3 years (Required)
- Graphic Design: 3 years (Required)
- O'Hare, Chicago, IL (Preferred)