ifm efector, inc., located in Mississauga, Ontario is a subsidiary of ifm electronic GmbH headquartered in Essen, Germany.
ifm electronic is a global company with more than 6,700 employees in 70 countries. Our core business is to develop and produce sensors and controls for industrial automation and process applications. Our products include temperature sensors, flow sensors, pressure sensors, vision sensors, position sensors, and motion control sensors. ifm products are purchased by over 110,000 customers world-wide in industries ranging from Automotive to Food Processing.
We have a fast paced and collaborative work environment. ifm believes in openness to ideas and a culture where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions rather than title or tenure.
- Drive sales in the automotive sector by capitalizing on opportunities at high potential automotive manufacturers.
- Establish high level relationships with key decision makers at targeted automotive accounts. This may be on a local or global level.
- Work closely with ifm sales team to leverage local relationships and application success’
- Create strong working relationships with ifm’s global automotive team to share strategies, projects and application success’
- Work closely with Product Management to identify the needs of the customers and markets with respect to new products, sales tools, and required services.
- Comprehensive understanding of industrial controls and automation technologies
- Ability to discuss with customers their controls architecture, network requirements and various types of I/O devices.
- Must stay current on changes in industrial control technologies and trends, industry 4.0 for example.
- Comprehensive understanding of ifm efector automation products.
- Technical specifications, features/benefits, & functionality.
- Pricing strategy; competitive advantages and limitations.
- Ability to identify and qualify key prospect accounts for potential opportunities.
- Understand customers’ business models and machine / application requirements to determine the “best fit” for ifm solution.
- Ability to develop and execute a strategy to gain access to large potential accounts and win business against strong competition.
- Degree or 3 year diploma in an engineering discipline is an asset.
- Five years of experience growing sales at automotive manufacturing facilities or corporate offices.
- Excellent communication, presentation, computer and negotiation skills.
- Ability to travel at least 20%, including internationally.
ifm efector Canada inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or handicap, marital, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other category protected under applicable federal or provincial law.