The Assistant General Manager is responsible for all daily operations of the business in partnership with the General Manager. The Manager communicates the objectives and vision of the company to the staff and is an example of leadership. Supervision includes Customer Service, Instructor staff, building facility, network infrastructure, staff communications and development as well as ensuring Marketing and Sales campaigns are communicated to the team. The Assistant General Manager has a pulse on sales data, costs, performance indicators, safety, employee morale and world-class customer service and partners closely with the General Manager to oversee and report on these activities. Works as part of a team with the General Manager, Sales Manager, Lead Instructors and other key staff.
- Oversees all daily operations in the absence of the General Manager
- Supervises customer service staff, call center, instructors and other members of the team
- Manages daily flight manifest to ensure maximum occupancy
- Assists with interviewing and training team members
- Helps with team member performance reviews, recognition and performance management
- Responsible for inventory control and ordering of merchandise and supplies
- Ensures safety of operations and team members
- Manages and maintains daily reporting
- Prepares commission for payroll and timekeeping reports
- Checks POS close-outs and cash drops
- Helps manage budgets and profitability
- Ensures facility is clean, both inside and outside
- Assists with proactive incentive programs, reward schemes and team building events
- Assists in short and long-term sales and marketing strategies and helps evaluate effectiveness
- Recommends product or service enhancements to improve customer satisfaction and sales potential
- Works with Point of Sale systems
- Additional duties as assigned
- 2-4 years of leadership/supervisory experience
- Computer skills in word processing, spreadsheet, database management, content management systems and desktop publishing applications are essential. Project management and multi-tasking skills are a must.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as creative writing and negotiation skills needed.
- Experience in generating presentations and proposals.
- Needs initiative, detail-orientation, and ability to organize and prioritize. Tact, discretion, and good judgment are required to maintain positive relationships with co-workers, client, and vendors.
- Ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- High School or GED required
At iFLY, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all team members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. iFLY hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position to be filled.