Reports to Supervisor, Client Support this position is primarily responsible for providing front line support to IESO users for IT standard services. Handles triage of service requests, attempting to resolve them or escalate as necessary. Provides 1st level support and 2nd level support for some business applications.
- Understand & troubleshoot business user issues. Provide operational, application and technical support via the phone and remote capability to users.
- Provide 1st level front line support to IESO users for IT standard and VIP services. Handle triage of service requests, attempting to resolve them or escalate them to second-level support personnel, communicate progress in a timely manner based on agreed service levels.
- Ownership for all incidents. Responsible for communication to business units.
- Provide technology support for IESO events including Board Meetings, Town Halls and Stakeholdering events. Includes support for Audio/Video equipment.
- Deploy software to end users and provide technical training of new systems to end users.
- Responsible for setting up and supporting all end user hardware including computers, printers, mobile devices.
- Daily, weekly and monthly reporting of Service/SLA statistics.
- Follow-up with external service providers and other IT functional departments until call resolution is achieved. Update users on service request/incident status accordingly.
- Work both as a part of the IT team and closely with business users to provide accurate and timely information regarding systems concerns.
- Log and monitor all incoming Service Requests/Incidents. Monitor business services.
- Provide back up support to other IT functions.
- Escalate issues as necessary within IT, Operations or external vendors.
- Follow set IESO procedures, policies and operating pinnacles. Assist in all project and application life cycle tasks including analyzing business needs, designing, developing, implementing, and operating IT systems to meet business needs.
- Develop and maintain technical documents in support of IESO systems.
- IT asset management: maintain hardware/software inventory & configurations and upgrade software according to policy and licensing compliance.
Perform other duties as required.
- Experience in enterprise environment providing Service Desk support.
- Experience in imaging new computers and deploying end-user hardware including printers, mobile devices, telephones and other specialized equipment.
- Excellent understanding of Active Directory and user management.
- Able to troubleshoot and search for solutions through available tools, internet, ticketing system, manuals, etc.
- Knowledge of computer architecture and Networking.
- Experience with Call Tracking Software such as HP Service Manager and Web Helpdesk.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining all manners of end user hardware and associated equipment.
- Experience in providing Level 1 and Level 2 Support for Microsoft based and other applications.
- Experience in administering telephone systems.
- Experience in administering printer/scanning hardware.
- Experience in setting up end-user hardware.
- Ability to create end user documentation.
- Understanding of project management concepts and practice, including project lifecycle.
- Able to work outside of normal business hours including evenings and weekends.
What the IESO Offers:
- Competitive market wages
- Comprehensive benefit programs
- Programs and policies to support a balanced lifestyle
- A challenging fast-paced team environment
- Opportunity to work with some of the brightest people in the industry
While we appreciate your submissions, we regret that we can only contact those candidates selected for interviews.
We thank all candidates for their interest in opportunities with the IESO. Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn.
The IESO is an equal opportunity employer.