INDEPENDENT ELECTRICITY SYSTEM OPERATOR
Job Title: Facilities Support Administrator
Requisition ID: 14541
Temporary Assignment: Temporary
Reporting to the Facilities Supervisor, this role is responsible to provide the Facilities department with administrational duties including assist in document filing, upkeep of computerized maintenance software system/records, safety training scheduling & documentation records, support mail duties, office supplies ordering and replenishment, office moves, invoice processing, spare parts inventories and also act as backup for receptionist for planned and unplanned absences and other general office duties.
Job Description: (Key responsibilities)
- Process administrative information, via e-mail or hard copy, covering a broad array of subject matter, such as, report filing, invoices, etc.
- Sort, process, and verify receipts, expenditures, forms and other documents on behalf of Supervisor.
- Provide clerical/administrative support within the department.
- Within general context of job responsibilities, make suggestions to supervisor on how to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of administrative and information management processes.
- Set up and maintain a records area for the exclusive use of the supervisor. On own initiative make improvements and revisions to the record centre’s physical arrangements and filing indices.
- Maintain preventative maintenance software database for equipment historical records and inventory management; generate dashboard reports.
- Maintain various administrative manuals, including user guides.
- Maintain and update staff training records.
- Perform electronic filing, create and maintain hard copy and electronic filing system.
- Provide support for pick-up, sort, and deliver incoming and interoffice mail; post and forward outbound mail; maintain mail distribution lists; maintain and arrange replenishment of postage in machine.
- Monitor central supply levels; replenish stock and submit orders; process and distribute orders received from other staff; work with the vendor to find cost effective solutions for items not on the standard order listing.
- Maintain records according to the IESO Records Management Policy
- Maintain a current, detailed procedural manual for back-up resources
Occupational Health and Safety
- Provide back-up support to Reception as required:
- Greet and screen visitors and process in accordance with IESO security requirements
- Answer email inquiries and transfer calls quickly and efficiently
- Direct outside walk in inquiries to the appropriate division or IESO program contact
- Document Management - Process incoming and outgoing couriers and issue receipts for hand deliveries.
- Follow procedures for intake of IESO contracts and other documents
- Process access cards as per receptionist/security procedures
- Observe Reception protocols and handle all related time sensitive functions while at the desk
- Support the maintenance and recruitment of trained volunteers;
- Help maintain OHS bulletin boards by posting up to date copies of all required documents
- Monitor and support ongoing certification/re-certification of first aiders.
Additional Facilities Support
- Support maintenance documentation/orders to replenish first aid kits/room/equipment (including AED)
- Act as backup to the Facilities Support Services Coordinator for planned absences and during emergency coverage needs
- Under the direction of the Facilities Support Services Coordinator:
- Work collaboratively with the appropriate parties for new/relocating employees; help with moves and new hire set up; help with preparation of workstation;
- Monitor and take required action on Adelaide Meeting Support request forms; ensure requests processed are compliant with the MGS Travel & Hospitality Expense Directive; provide guidance to organizers when adjustments are required.
- Take required actions on Adelaide Meeting Set-up request forms; includes planning and organizing furniture transitions; liaising with requestors as needed to fully understand requirements; and requesting support necessary to execute.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Able and willing to split work locations between Clarkson & Adelaide during times of need.
Requires a comprehensive knowledge of business and office procedures and practices including the operation of various office machine and equipment. Requires proficiency in English grammar and sentence structure, as necessary, to prepare, key in, edit and proofread correspondence, reports, presentations, etc. Requires expression skills necessary for the oral communication requirements of the office. Requires knowledge of the basic operating principles of computers as they relate to electronic mail, spreadsheets, specialty software solutions, etc. Requires knowledge of arithmetic as necessary to carry out summarization, percent calculation and other similar arithmetical functions. Requires knowledge of basic statistical methods and formats and associated graphs such as pie and bar graphs. Requires proficiency in computer keyboard operation.
This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired either through the successful completion of Grade XII in a Secondary, Commercial or Technical School, or by having the equivalent level of education.
- 2 or more years of experience in an office setting
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including conflict resolution capabilities
- Good writing skills
- Professional appearance
- Good computer skills (MS office including outlook)
- Ability to complete physically demanding tasks and lift up to 23 kilograms
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities
- Strong organizational and follow-through skills required
Dynamic, enthusiastic team player and ability to work independently.
What the IESO Offers:
- Competitive market wages
- Comprehensive benefit programs
- Programs and policies to support a balanced lifestyle
- A challenging fast-paced team environment
- Opportunity to work with some of the brightest people in the industry
Deadline for submitting your application is April 1, 2019 at 11:59 PM EST
While we appreciate your submissions, we regret that we can only contact those candidates selected for interviews.
We thank all candidates for their interest in opportunities with the IESO. Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn
The IESO is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note the successful candidate must be eligible to work in Canada and will be subject to a background check.