IEM is seeking a Financial Accountant in either our Baton Rouge, LA or Morrisville, NC office.
Financial Accountant Job Duties:
- Prepares monthly, quarterly & annual financial statements by collecting data; analyzing and investigating variances; summarizing data, information, and trends.
- Examining financial records to check for accuracy
- Monitor and report on accounting discrepancies
- Preparing weekly cash flow statements
- Complies with state and federal tax filing requirements by studying regulations; adhering to requirements; advising management on required actions;
- Responds to financial inquiries by gathering, analyzing, summarizing, and interpreting data.
- Provides financial advice by studying operational issues; applying financial principles and practices; developing recommendations.
- Prepares special reports by studying variances; preparing budgets; developing forecasts.
- Updates job knowledge by keeping current with financial regulations and accepted practices; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Training staff when necessary
A Financial Accountant is responsible for running the accounting and financial activities of an organization. They analyze the economic stability of the company and provide financial information to other departments, enabling these departments to make budgeting and investment decisions. A Financial Accountant reports on costs, productivity, margins and company expenditures.
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field Required
- Additional certification (e.g. CPA) is a plus
- Proven work experience as a Financial Accountant or similar role
- 2-3 years audit experience in a Public Accounting Firm Required
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Solid knowledge of accounting regulations
- Excellent math skills with an attention to detail
- Time-management abilities
- Ability to work alone or in a group setting
IEM is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Vets and Disabled
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.