We are currently seeking a highly qualified C++ Software Developer to join our IDx team in Coralville, IA.
**Relocation assistance is available if you are not in Coralville, IA**
IDx is executing a plan to implement the first AI device cleared by the FDA to practice medicine. Built on a series of patented machine learning algorithms, our software is designed to automatically diagnose early signs of debilitating eye diseases. In the process, we are working to prevent unnecessary blindness, drive down healthcare costs, and transform the way the world thinks about disease detection. IDx is a private company with substantial funding and a deep product pipeline. As a rapidly growing company, every member of our team plays a fundamental role in ensuring our success. We want to hire people who bring new skills and perspectives that will take us to the next level.
The senior C++ software engineer will closely work with our R&D team on implementing new AI products while providing development priorities, strategy, and timelines to coordinate project maintenance and evolution from a technical perspective.
- 5+ years Object-Oriented Programming experience.
- S. or higher degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science/Engineering and related field.
- Strong C++ skills: C++11/14/17, fluent with STL.
- Clean and consistent code style.
- Strong code reviewer with attention to details and a good grasp of the big picture.
- Proven technical leadership and initiative.
- Excellent written and verbal technical communication skills.
The candidate must be able to:
- Analyze, optimize, (re-)implement, and document complex code and/or existing prototype software.
- Produce well-documented, quality code that is easily maintained.
- Mentor less-seasoned developers and contribute to code reviews.
- Experience in or willing to learn how to work in a development environment requiring exceptional attention to detail, as our company is bounded by government regulation.
What will help you in this role:
- Working knowledge of NVIDIA CUDA.
- Experience working with large code bases.
- Fluency with other languages like C#, or Python.
- Knowledge of or interest in the medical device software development industry.
- Experience working in an ISO- or FDA-regulated environment, or another highly regulated environment (FAA, etc.)
The rigors and challenges of work at IDx are not for everyone, but the team here has some amazing opportunities to:
- Work with world-renowned doctors who are pushing the limits of machine learning in medicine.
- Build upon research and distribution partnerships with IBM's Watson Health team to revolutionize health tech.
- Tackle complex problems/projects with the highest levels of quality and execution for audiences that include top technologists, the FDA, and world-leading healthcare providers.
- Push the accessibility and quality of healthcare to new heights to improve the lives of millions of people.
Some of the technologies we're working with:
- Microsoft Visual Studio with MSDN and Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- C++ / STL / Boost
- NVIDIA CUDA
- A number of open source libraries to which we have contributed when appropriate
Relocation stipend available.
IDx team members are encouraged to participate in local technical events. Our team members have contributed to hackathons, entrepreneurial competitions, technology panels, and much more. Our office has free parking and our average commute is less than 10 minutes.
Indeed Hire and IDx Technologies Inc. are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
- C++ skills: C++11/14/17, fluent with STL: 1 year (Required)
- coding: 1 year (Required)
- C#, or Python: 1 year (Preferred)
- NVIDIA CUDA: 1 year (Preferred)
- Object-Oriented Programming: 5 years (Required)