IDStacks is a Identity and Access Management cloud provider, operating and managing cloud-based Identity systems (IDaaS) for our customers world-wide.
This role will assist in designing, implementing and supporting of our cloud platform on AWS catering to our managed client deployments. The engineer will be involved in cloud infrastructure hardening, firewall configuration, network configuration, continuous monitoring and availability. The qualified applicant will also play an important role in the Platform Engineering team that is building a cloud engineering and enablement practice.
Duties and responsibilities:
Initially working from our Montreal, Canada office with our product team and executives to develop the foundational components to our evolving cloud platform.
Your role will include:
- Contribute in the architecting and implementation of cloud-based Identity solutions based on ForgeRock, OMADA, Gluu and other IAM platforms
- Deploying Identity solutions for large-scale cloud environments using container and micro-service technologies
- Engineer solutions that leverage cloud native tools and frameworks
- Design and implement end to end CI/CD Delivery pipelines for infrastructure and IAM services
- Design, build, test, and deploy highly scalable and resilient cloud-based infrastructure
- Write infrastructure automation scripts and templates, and integrating with DevOps tooling
- Write test automation scripts such as integration, capacity and performance and unit tests
- Implement and improve logging and monitoring solutions
- Set up and troubleshoot AWS environments
- Travel occasionally to Canada for business.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- 3+ years experience in a combination of security, risk management, and technology responsibilities
- Deep understanding of cloud infrastructure and how to secure it: IAM, Networks, Cloud Security Tools, Functions and others.
- Proficient in AWS CLI, Azure CLI, Bash, and Python, Terraform and DevOps tooling (GIT, Atlasssian products, )
- Experience with AWS Core Services: EC2, ECS, ELB/ALB/NLB, S3, EBS, CloudWatch, Lambda, IAM
- Experience in setting up and troubleshooting AWS production environments
- Experience in designing, building, testing, and deploying highly scalable and resilient cloud-based infrastructure
- Experience designing and implementing end to end CI/CD pipelines
- Programming Languages: Python, Groovy, Java, Node JS, GO - Highly proficient in at least 1
- Configuration management using Terraform, Packer, Docker, docker-compose
- Practical knowledge of test automation frameworks such as Robot Framework, Selenium, JUnit, Mocha
- Code management and versioning using Git
- Advanced hands-on skills operating in Linux and Windows
- Proven knowledge of application architecture, networking, security, reliability and scalability concepts
- Technical Expertise: Advanced knowledge of software design principles and patterns; Successful delivery of long duration and high complexity software projects
- Design: Expertise with Microservices architecture, Domain Driven Design concepts, Cloud Application Design patterns and frameworks (for e.g. service discovery, circuit breaker, and 12 factor apps).
- SDLC: Expertise with Agile development methodologies; scrum leadership a plus; Lead code reviews;
- Containers: Expertise with Container and Container Management frameworks with an emphasis on Kubernetes and Container based PaaS offerings
- Knowledge of Elastic products: ElasticSearch, Kibana, beats, watchers, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in the following competencies: Creativity, technical analysis, problem solving, communication, multitasking and client service.
- Must be self-motivated and driven.
- Strong ability to work with in house resources and vendors
- Comfortable with code reviews
Job Type: Full-time