Staff Accountant Job Description
We are looking for a Staff Accountant to join our dynamic family office.
The responsibilities include maintaining financial records and reports, preparing journal ledger entries, performing account reconciliations, assisting with close processes, and maintaining fixed asset records. You will also be assisting the accounting manager, as needed, and responding to requests by upper management.
The successful candidate should be able to accurately maintain accounting records, financial statements, general ledgers, etc. We're looking for a person with energy, excellent communication and organizational skills, and analytical ability.
Staff Accountant Responsibilities:
- Maintaining financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts.
- Preparing journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations and assisting with monthly close processes.
- Maintaining fixed asset records.
- Performing monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Meeting processing and reporting deadlines.
- Responding to information requests and special project needs.
- Assisting the accounting manager as needed.
Staff Accountant Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting required.
- 2+ years of accounting experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills.
- Good problem-solving and time management skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools.
- Candidates with real estate experience and knowledge of Intacct are encouraged to apply.
Compensation and benefits commensurate with experience
Job Type: Full-time
- accounting: 2 years (Required)
- Monitoring company accounts and conducting quarterly reviews
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture