The incumbent drives and engages in new clinic acquisition. The incumbent is responsible to deliver visionary roadmaps’ presentations to specific prospects and to build relationships with decision makers and key stakeholders at prospective clinics and health systems in assigned territories and to generate new business and territory expansion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
All duties and responsibilities represent essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- Engages actively in new clinic acquisition for target modalities
- Works in tandem with the Clinic Engagement Manager once the clinic is signed up, to execute the clinic onboarding process and pass on the relationship
- Supports Clinic Engagement Manager that owns the new added clinics to ensure proper handoff and clinic ramp
- Prospects and makes cold calls to prospective clinics, including but not limited to those assigned by the company.
- Uses social media (such as LinkedIn) to conduct research and for communication to a wide audience. Focuses on understanding how to tailor Ideal Protein’s value proposition to align with the specific health outcome goals of the different modalities
- Uses clinic and prospect feedback to implement a territory plan and sales call strategy to expand IP’s footprint of new clinics in territory
- Speaks to prospect as a Subject Matter Expert on how they can improve their patient population’s health outcomes while operating a profitable business by leveraging Ideal Protein’s protocol and products
- Delivers successful account acquisition by driving Ideal Protein’s end-to-end sales process
- Monitors forecast and results by leveraging and contributing to Ideal Protein’s CRM sales tools and processes to build and manage sales funnel.
- Delivers visionary roadmap presentations and discussions linked to specific prospect and modality-based needs
- Engages in decision making conversations at the clinic owner/medical level that have impact at every stage of the customer buying process
- Has both a deep understanding of, and a demonstrated ability to speak in depth about, the evolving US healthcare system and how Ideal Protein fits within it
- Leads entire network of sales support and marketing teams to build relevance and generate sales within accounts
- Works collaboratively with regional colleagues to ensure minimal cross-client conflict and cannibalization. Able to see the ‘bigger picture’ of how/where a new prospect complements existing portfolio
- Leverages the knowledge, expertise, and in-field support of the Regional VP to help facilitate complex sales
- Drive Relationships with Prospect:
- Builds relationships with decision makers and key stakeholders at prospective clinics and health systems in assigned territory
- Plans, articulates, and executes sales strategies and tactics that maximize Ideal Protein’s opportunity within the prospect environment
- Serves as the prospect’s advocate, primary Ideal Protein contact, and thought partner on business priorities to create a high level of trust
- Creates trust, credibility, and satisfaction by responding to both prospect and existing clinic questions or inquires and escalating in a rapid manner
- Demonstrates ability to use experience and knowledge of social dynamics and political environments to reconcile conflicts and mediate disputes
- Works effectively with colleagues to support high quality launch/ opening of new business and a smooth transition into ‘business as usual’
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Self-starter, risk-oriented and results-driven
- Highly experienced revenue generator with an exceptional proven track record
- Proficient business acumen and awareness of customer business
- Ability to develop consultative relationships with prospects, as well as peers, to fully understand needs and identify opportunities
- Ability to conduct thorough research; uses business knowledge and experience to create customer business and financial profiles to better position self and IP
- Ability to leverage financial information to manage business and drive customer discussions
- Proficient in holding prospect conversations that have impact at every stage of the buying process
- Ability to seek, find and develop new prospects
- Ability to find common ground and solve problems for the good of all with diplomacy. Can represent own interests and yet be fair to other groups
- Effective at connecting, influencing and persuading people
- Ability to compile, report and maintain all relevant data (prospective customers/business development opportunities/visits) with the current CRM tool to monitor activities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong use of Microsoft products (Office suite, Internet, etc.)
- Willingness to travel regularly (~65%+) to meet with potential clinics and IP resources
Education, Training, & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field (Business Administration, Finance, Marketing, Health Sciences) or equivalent experience required.
- 5 to 8 years of successful field sales experience
- Experience in diet industry, healthcare, pharma, or another related field preferred
- Travel 2 - 3 weeks per month as needed
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The success of Ideal Protein is due to the contributions of employees from diverse backgrounds, national origins and heritage. It is Ideal Protein’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees.