Located in a bright, open studio space in downtown Toronto, Idea Workshop is a communications and branding firm dedicated to storytelling that gains mind and market share. We are focused on developing and maintaining creative and clever messages for a wide-ranging portfolio of business-to-business and consumer clients in architecture, technology, life sciences, accounting, law, real estate, and design. We seek a senior account manager with experience in and an affinity for these sectors. Reporting to the Partners, you will effectively lead accounts and ensure work is being completed with positive outcomes that advance and build our client relationships. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience in an agency setting and will thrive in an informal, creative, and self-starting working environment.
- Develop, manage and execute public relations plans and strategies for ongoing clients and projects ad-hoc, including: communications plans, media relations, social media, speaking engagements, news conferences, and award submissions, among other public relations activity and communications material.
- Oversee media relations activities for account team, edit media materials, create proactive media opportunities, respond to media inquiries, prepare speaking notes and media reports.
- Develop and maintain media relationships and create interest in client stories, identifying distribution channels and coordinating distribution.
- Provide effective media coaching for clients and develop appropriate key messages.
- Foster, maintain and grow relationships with clients and provide timely updates and progress reports.
- Counsel clients on best practices and approaches, discuss business models and provide guidance on an ongoing basis. Present concepts, new business opportunities and/or relevant partnerships.
- Set measurable goals and objectives, manage timelines (external and internal), source resources, and evaluate results.
- Create, analyze and manage budgets as required.
- Show team leadership with strong collaboration and mentoring skills.
- 5+ years of public relations agency and client management experience
- Ability to thrive in an informal, creative, and self-starting working environment
- Strong and persuasive written and verbal communications skills
- Proven organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to manage and motivate teams, internally and externally
- Social media and digital media acumen and interest
- Bilingualism an asset but not required
Interest in design, architecture, and the arts an asset
Job Type: Full-time