Located in a bright, open studio space in downtown Toronto, Idea Workshop is a communications and branding firm dedicated to storytelling that gains mind and market share. We are focused on developing and maintaining creative and clever messages for a wide-ranging portfolio of business-to-business and consumer clients in architecture, technology, life sciences, accounting, law, real estate, and design. We seek an account manager with experience in and an affinity for these sectors. The ideal candidate will thrive in a self-starting, informal, and creative working environment.
- Develop, manage, and execute public relations plans and strategies for ongoing clients and projects ad-hoc, including: communications plans, media relations, social media, speaking engagements, event planning, news conferences, and award submissions, among other public relations activities.
- Counsel clients on best practices and approaches, discuss business development priorities and aspirations, and provide guidance on an ongoing basis. Present public relations concepts, new business opportunities, and relevant marketing partnerships.
- Oversee all activities for account team as project manager, including the development of communications materials, the creation of earned, paid, and owned media opportunities and speaking engagements, the preparation of workflow and briefing documents, and the management of budgets as required.
- Set measurable goals and objectives, manage timelines and teams (external and internal), evaluate activity and outcomes, and provide timely updates and progress reports.
- Develop and maintain media relationships and create interest in client stories, identifying dissemination strategies and overseeing or coordinating the flow of news sharing through a strategic lens.
- Provide effective spokesperson training and coaching for clients and develop appropriate key messages.
- Show team leadership by demonstrating strong collaboration and mentoring skills.
- 4+ years of public relations agency experience with proven project and client management expertise
- Ability to thrive in a self-starting, informal, and creative working environment
- Strong and persuasive written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to manage and motivate teams, internally and externally
- Proven organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Social media and digital media acumen and interest
- Interest in design, architecture, and the arts an asset
- Bilingualism an asset but not required
Job Type: Full-time
- account management: 4 years (Preferred)