Are you obsessed with finding and sharing stories online? Do your friends look to you for the latest trends, and ideas? Idea Booth is a Chicago based Creative Agency set on changing how brands stand out from the competition and forge a space of their own. At our core, we are a culture of thinkers, innovators, strategists, and creatives who share a passion for creating disruptive ideas to help brands and companies share their stories with the world.
Idea Booth has a fast-paced work environment and we seek talented employees who crave learning new skills and aren't afraid to tackle big projects. Our ideal candidate is someone who walks into a room of people and can’t leave without making a few friends. Someone who is obsessed with social media and is creative and thoughtful when interacting with online communities and building relationships.
The Social Media Marketing Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operational success of their client accounts, specifically dedicated to enhancing the online reputation and developing social advertising strategies. This person collaborates with all teams to bring innovative, integrated social media solutions to their clients.
Required: 3-5 years of professional experience, with a minimum of 3 years of experience with social media advertising and online reputation management (If you do not have the required years of experience, please apply to our Social Media Internship).
- Act as liaison between clients, internal team, execution team and management to ensure flawless communications and program execution
- Work with account, creative and product teams to ensure all programs are seamlessly executed
- Build, present and execute short and long term project plans seamlessly for clients
What We’d Like To See
- Willingness to take chances, to be fearless. Go big or go home.
- Ability to collaborate, present work, to take feedback and to remain positive.
- Be a proactive self-starter
- Be a team player
- Possess a desire to work for a fast-paced, results-based company
- Have strong program management and organizational skills being able to manage multiple projects at once
- Be confident in analyzing and acting on marketing data
- Ability to write for a variety of audiences, brands, and industries. We want to know you can move from one client to the next without stumbling.
- An appreciation for the relationship between textual and visual elements (Copywriting doesn’t exist in a vacuum).
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to meet strict deadlines, often while working with Account Managers and Creative Directors.
- Provide regular insight and training to challenge and develop junior team members
- Experience with concept creation across all types of media.
- All submissions will require a portfolio with work examples.
Social Advertising Campaign Management:
- Possesses understanding of Social advertising campaign management and optimization practices across Facebook , LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Tumblr, Medium etc.
- Demonstrates strategic insight to develop, manage, and coordinate long term execution plans from client’s stated business objectives and implement those plans
- Organizational and leadership capabilities to provide direct oversight, guidance, and management to a team of junior members and assign resources, track progress, assist in execution and consistently plan programs
- Develop an ongoing relationship with clients and cross-sell/up-sell various services as appropriate
- Compile data across several social media platforms and work with team to create weekly/monthly reports, including analysis for insights, optimizations and future strategy development
- Provide daily account management via phone, email and/or direct contact with clients, advertising, content, & management teams
- Exhibits solid communication skills in order to effectively present strategic and tactical plans to clients and internal teams
- Monitor the latest trends in social media, including advertising formats, channels and technologies in order to improve campaign performance and provide recommendations on how clients can best leverage new tools and services
- Demonstrates understanding of and ability to facilitate and manage forecasting, budgeting and pacing, campaign creation and optimization
- Displays understanding of business concepts and client objectives in order to identify campaign expansion opportunities
- Possesses well developed analytical ability to extract insight from data to plan next steps across multiple marketing mediums and relate the “story” back to client’s business goals
Online Reputation Management:
- Provide strategic perspective and recommendations for organic and paid social media executions in support of business goals
- Monitor clients’ social media channels, initiate conversations with and respond to engagements and reviews based on established brand and client guidelines
- Seek out opportunities to drive organic growth within the client’s social media accounts
- Meet with account contacts once per month to review reputation performance, engagements and share industry updates
- Bachelor’s Degree in Advertising, Marketing, Communication, Computer Science or related field
- 3-5 years of professional experience, with a minimum of 3 years of experience with social media advertising and online reputation management (If you do not have the required years of experience, please apply to our Social Media Internship).
- Previous account management and client relationship experience required
- Previous experience with social media strategy and implementation, preferably in paid media campaigns
- Previous experience at a marketing agency is preferred, but not required
- Experience with photography strongly preferred
- Proficiency with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, and Snapchat that includes a solid understanding of each platform’s core features, as well as a technical understanding of each network’s advertising capabilities
- Proficiency with Facebook Business Manager and Power Editor, including the ability to place campaigns, manage delivery and budgets, and analyze results
- Experience handling marketing budgets and developing insights based on campaign results
- Have strong project management and organizational skills being able to manage multiple projects at once utilizing tools like Salesforce, Asana, Google Docs, etc.
- Have a passion for social media, be an active user, and have a passion to stay in the loop on the latest social media trends, capabilities and platforms
- Self-motivated, well-organized and assertive, with strong analytical and deductive skills
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills for effective client relations
If this sounds interesting, we want to hear from you.
About Idea Booth
Idea Booth is a Chicago based Creative Agency set on changing how brands stand out from the competition and forge a space of their own. At our core, we are a culture of thinkers, innovators, strategists, and creatives who share a passion for creating disruptive ideas to help brands and companies share their stories with the world.