iData Research is an international market research and consulting group dedicated to the provision of business intelligence for the medical device, dental and pharmaceutical industries around the world.
We are looking for a Business Development Representative to join our growing inside sales team. Our Business Development Executives manage and develop business with an ever-growing portfolio of international clients.
Our ideal candidate is energetic and enthusiastic, with a strong passion for sales and account management. A successful incumbent must have a strong drive to expand the business both vertically and horizontally.
This position is a great opportunity for new graduates or sales professionals with 1+ years of experience to build their careers.
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel within a portfolio of assigned client accounts.
- Identify new sales opportunities within existing accounts to maintain a client-account manager relationship by up-selling and cross-selling.
- Cold call to create and maintain long-term client relationships.
- Meet assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned accounts.
- Proactively assess, clarify, and validate client needs on an ongoing basis.
- Lead solution development efforts that best address client needs while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel.
- Display competency and proficiency in developing strategies, identify decision-makers, solve and interpret sales objectives.
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships to increase business potential.
- Negotiate to price and write client proposals, ensuring effective follow-up.
- Solicit feedback to refine sales direction, product offering, and pitch.
- Liaise with the analyst team to capitalize on leads.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to ensure marketing activities are aligned with sales priorities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably with a focus in Business or Life Sciences.
- Minimum 1 year of account management/sales experience, is an asset.
- Experience in account management/sales in a B2B environment is an asset.
- Ability to identify decision-makers, solve and interpret sales objections.
- Ability to solicit feedback to refine sales direction, product offering, and presentation.
- Medical and/or pharmaceutical industry experience is an asset.
- Driven to succeed, self-starter, with a successful record of sales growth.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to produce highly professional proposals.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Team player with good collaborative skills and the ability to quickly adapt to change.
Compensation is salary-based with a generous uncapped commission structure. To this, we also provide a comprehensive group health program, a bonus program, and a career path that provides the opportunity to grow into a team leadership role with unlimited potential.
Please send your cover letter and resume to jobs(@)idataresearch.net. Please note that due to the high volume of responses, only qualified, short-listed candidates will be contacted.
All other resumes will remain in our database for future consideration.
Job Type: Full-time
- sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)