This is a key exciting role with an established, profitable, and growing electronics manufacturing company. The mechanical design engineer will be responsible for developing and designing small electronic enclosures and fixtures for a range of industrial electronic products. If you are innovative and committed to continuously improving products, then send us your resume and a cover letter outlining how your experience and achievements lines up with the ICT Intermediate Mechanical Engineer role, qualifications, and responsibilities.
- Design Assemblies, Sub-assemblies, and components
- Create BOMs and ECNs
- Work closely with other project team members to design, verify, and document designs
- Take ownership to meet stage gate deliverables in a Product Development Process.
- Develop production ready fabrication, assembly, and serviceability documentation for industrial electronic products
- Work closely with other technical team members to ensure all design goals for customer use are met per project time lines
- Work closely with manufacturing and sales to ensure designs meet manufacturability and serviceability goals.
- Support technology and component selection and evaluation, based on ongoing business needs for alternate sourcing and continuous improvement.
- Verify that designs meet original design requirements though analysis, inspection, and testing.
- BASc in Mechanical Engineering with 3 years applicable electronics packaging design experience, or 2 year diploma in mechanical or electronics technology field, with additional industry experience
- Proficient with Solid Works
- Stackup tolerance analysis
- Previous design experience with sheet metal, injection molded plastic parts, and electronic enclosures, bus bars, and heat sinks or power conversion products.
- Good understanding of high volume sheet metal and plastics manufacturing processes and DFMA.
- Basic knowledge of industry standards related to industrial electronic products
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, and ability to work with others
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Mechanical Design: 2 years (Required)