Type: Day time shifts
Location: Kost, 80 Blue Jays Way, Toronto, ON M5V 2G3
Kost is a 44th floor rooftop restaurant and bar from hospitality leader ICONINK, featuring unparalleled panoramic views of the city from Toronto's BISHA Hotel. Inspired by elements of Baja Peninsula, Executive Chef Ben Heaton highlights the bright, fresh and lively flavours of the Californian coastlines by way of colourful dishes and refreshing cocktails. Kost welcomes guests for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Reports to the General Manager, you will be responsible for creating a positive guest experience that begins with a proper greeting to influence the guest's first impression. You are a critical member of the team, and will be responsible for providing exceptional customer service to ensure a positive first and last impression.
Day-Time Duties & Responsibilities
- Check and respond to all emails and voicemails in a timely fashion
- Confirm reservations for the day, and update status on Open-table
- Accurately take reservations and modify guest status on open table
- Check notes in reservation to accommodate for special occasions, allergies, or special requests
- Audit Open Table information ensuring accuracy in guest information (i.e. no duplicates, contact information is complete etc.)
- Possess a working knowledge of the restaurant trade area (i.e. location, surroundings, attractions, or directions)
- Liaise with Kitchen staff and manager to accommodate large parties and potential leads on events and buyouts.
- Make every effort to accommodate special requests. If unsure please refer to your manager before offering other options.
- Invite potential guests to the restaurant.
- Liaise with Floor Manager to assign sections to servers
- Prior to service, print and distribute Run Sheets to Kitchen to communicate flow of evening
- Help set up restaurant by placing candles on tables, sweeping front entrance, ensuring host stand is neat & tidy, wiping down and replacing menus, organizing coat check, rearranging tables to accommodate large parties
- Ensure bathrooms are adequately maintained by completing checks regularly throughout shift
- Follow all food standards & systems
- Other duties as assigned and required
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 1-2 years in similar premium high volume environment
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Proactive anticipating guest needs
- Have a high attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to work in a fast pace environment
- Team player
- Passion for hospitality
ICONINK recognizes its obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and, upon request, will provide accommodation in the recruitment processes to the point of undue hardship.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time