We are looking to hire a personable, detail-oriented, and hard-working person to join our Customer Service | Business Development Team!
Thank you for your interest in joining our company. Icon Process Controls is a very dynamic company and a global leader providing specialized thermoplastic process control instrumentation equipment. Our employees are our greatest asset - they provide the fresh thinking needed to respond to constantly changing business trends.
Icon is looking for an Inside Sales Representative to find and win new business.
What does it mean to be an Inside Sales | Business Development Rep at Icon?
You have probably spent a solid amount of time job hunting and cranking out applications. Before you tailor that resume and cover letter for this position at Icon there are a few things you should know about what we exactly we are looking for.
A detailed high energy individual that is creative and understands the importance of managing the existing business as well as ***hunting for and winning new business***.
Don't worry, you'll receive a lot of training and support to help you accomplish this mandate.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Customer service orientation. You pride yourself on being helpful and are enthusiastic about making a difference for our customers.
- Experience with the sales cycle of a reseller or distributor: quotes, customer sales orders, vendor purchase requests, inventory, shipping, returns.
- Technical aptitude. You're tech-savvy and can quickly figure out new systems.
- Intellectual curiosity. You have a natural interest in learning new things and considering process improvements.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. You will be communicating with all of our internal departments on a daily basis, as well as our external customers, both over the phone and via email.
- Excellent attention to detail and a capacity to work in a fast-paced environment. This position values a balance of speed and accuracy.
- A strong aptitude for multitasking and organizational skills.
- An on-going desire to learn about our product offering and the industry.
- Honest and Trustworthy.
- Prospect and contact potential customers
- Resolve customer questions and offer solutions to drive company revenue.
- Build and form new partnerships with potential clients
- Develop and implement organized filing systems
- Answer inbound telephone calls
- Resolve issues for clients via phone, possibly in person, or electronically
- Create sales material to present to customers
- Set follow-up appointments to keep customers aware of the latest developments
- Manage and provide a high level of service when dealing with customer inquiries
- Reach agreed upon sales or outgoing contact targets by the deadline
- Previous experience in sales, customer service, or other related fields
- Typing Skills
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Strong negotiation skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Positive and professional demeanour
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong leadership qualities
- The ability to roll with the punches and adapt to change
The right team member will:
- You're a collaborative team player
- Be flexible, trusting, and willing to share a workload with their fellow team members.
- Be a motivated self-starter.
- Maintain a positive attitude and tone even when dealing with stressors. We want to hear your smile in the office and on the phone!
- Be personable and have a team-player attitude.
- Recognize that contributing to the success of your coworkers, and the company as a whole, is an integral part of one's own success at Icon
- Be solution-focused.
- You're a forward thinker with a knack for finding and improving inefficiencies
- You're self-motivated with an entrepreneurial flair
- You're resilient. Tough times don't last, tough people, do!
- You're a strong communicator with both internal and external customers
- You have a WINNING mindset...you will fit right in!
People don't go into sales to be an average performer, so we are a results-driven, high performing, sales group that wants EVERY team member to succeed. We will encourage you and mentor you ...we've all been where you are now.
Previous experience and/or prior knowledge of our type of products and/or industry would be beneficial in this position but are not required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- sales: 2 years (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)