Business Development Manager
Carbon Fiber Contract Manufacturing Sales
Icon Aircraft (flexible U.S. location)
Icon Aircraft is an award-winning industry leader in the manufacturing of ultramodern carbon fiber aircraft. We invite you to join the Icon Aircraft team to drive contract manufacturing sales and business for our cutting-edge carbon fiber production facility in Mexico.
** This position can either be based at our Vacaville, California headquarters or at an alternate location within the U.S.
The selected self-driven individual will be responsible for:
- Aggressively sourcing contract manufacturing business for our highly advanced carbon fiber production facility in Tijuana, Mexico, including aero structures and non-aviation business.
Represent Icon contract manufacturing capabilities with enthusiasm, accuracy and integrity.
- Develop and maintain key customer relationships to determine additional needs.
- Provide sales forecasting for short, medium and long term plans.
- Promote Icon’s capabilities at industry conferences and trade shows.
- Gather and report industry information: pricing, capabilities, products and strategic initiatives.
- Prepares timely sales reports, market assessment reports, program updates, account strategy plans and weekly reports
Assist our engineering and contracts teams as needed for closing deals.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in composite manufacturing contract sales
- Existing relationships with multiple OEM’s that have ongoing needs for carbon fiber products.
- Bachelor ‘s degree in Mechanical, Materials or other Engineering discipline; or equivalent education and experience.
- Experience with identifying and creating opportunities for new customers, industries and market segments.
- Proven ability to meet and exceed sales targets
Strong salesmanship, written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally to potential customers and industry events estimated 50%.
MS or MBA preferred.
- Strong sales targeting skills as well as Salesforce or other sales CRM system.
10 years experience in composite manufacturing contract sales
More than five years of Engineering experience with a strong technical background in composite manufacturing, design or analysis
Leverages industry events, networking opportunities, associations, and tradeshows to build relationships and sell company's portfolio of products
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills involving various degrees of complexity
Eligible candidate must be: U.S. citizen, U.S. national, or a person lawfully admitted for permanent residence in the U.S.
Icon Aircraft is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, status as protected veteran, or any other protected class.