We are looking for an Electrical Engineerto join our Controls Team in a full-time position based in Kamloops, BC.
As an integral member of the ControlsTeam, the ElectricalEngineerwill be responsible for project management and supervising the overall design of controls systems, integration of controls and power systemsand facility modernization projects for industrial and municipal clients.
Additionally, the ElectricalEngineerwill be a steward of the firm's OQM policy and requirements,participate in professional development opportunities - both in a learning and teaching capacity, and provideday-to-dayleadership and technical guidance to the team. The successful candidate will be able to easily transition from in-office design and development to stakeholder meetings.
Minimum qualifications we are looking for:
- Professional Engineer designation and eligible for professional registration with EGBC
- 5+ years related experience managing control system design and modernization projects in a consulting or industrial setting
- Extensive knowledge in process control optimization, system deployment of ePACand high-reliability systems, including hot-standby and hybrid-DCS.
- Knowledge and experience in industrial controls (Schneider EcoStruxure), SCADA systems (Citect, Wonderware), process drives and low voltage power systems.
- Substantial knowledge of regulatory standards,codesand industry best practices(CSA, BC Hydro/FortisBC, Canadian Electrical Code & IEEE, etc.)
- Industrial protocols knowledge andexperience (Ethernet/IP, Profinet, Modbus, RS-485, DNP3, etc.)
- Demonstratedability to provide technical guidance and successfully manage project teams
- Personal interest in working with and testing new technologies
- Site safety awarenessand experience supervising workers on a project site
- Excellentinterpersonal, verbal and writtencommunication skillsand interest in mentoring junior engineers and building a well rounded team.
- Ability to prepareand present technical information to a variety of audiencesincluding non-technical clients and team members, project stakeholders, contractors, clients, regulatory/government agencies and other consultants
- Public speaking, networkingand presentation skills
- Familiarity with the EGBC OQM Certification process and requirements
- Valid, clean Class 5 Drivers' Licence and access to safe, reliable, 4-season transportation
- Based out of the Kamloops office and available to travel 20% of the time
- Related project experience conducted in British Columbia
- Previous consulting experience and industry training will be considered an asset
About ICI Electrical Engineering
The modern workforce is always on and with critical infrastructure, there is no room for down time. As the world moves into the fourth industrial revolution, dubbed Industry 4.0, the bridge between physical and cyber-connected systems becomes reinforced through enhanced connectivity, secure remote access, data collection and analysis of system operation. ICI's team works closely with industry experts to select, test and implement comprehensive systems that focus on refined workflow processes and increase the overall efficiency and reliability of municipal and industrial systems.
ICI Electrical Engineering provides regular training opportunities to all employees, in addition to a top-tier compensation and benefits package. We maintain industry partnerships with Wonderware, Phoenix Contact and Schneider Electric for access to a comprehensive support network and world-class training services.
Why Join ICI?
ICI won the Kamloops Chamber of Commerce Employer of the Year in 2018 and we continue to build an inclusive workplace that fosters creativity and communication where employees can explore their passion in technological innovation.
- Premium health benefits through Sun Life
- Regular scheduled social events both in the office and in the local community
- Structured training and certification system
- Flexible working hours and casual business environment
- Regular (almost weekly) lunch and learn sessions
- Lunchroom stocked with snacks
- Super-automatic espresso and latte machine
Job Type: Full-time