Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Who we are:
ICF Olson is a collective of world-class agencies delivering across the spectrum of customer experience: creative expression (Olson), public engagement (Olson Engage), customer relationships/loyalty (Olson 1to1) and digital experiences (Olson Digital). Though experts in different areas, we are united in our common POV: Think like people. ® This means everything we do is made from empathy – the key to brand success in a world of ever-shrinking attention and ever-growing choice. Learn more at icfolson.com
Who we’re looking for:
We’re on the hunt for a Senior Account Executive for our Chicago office. This SAE will be in charge of managing day-to-day activities on 2-3 accounts. The ideal candidate will have 5-6 years of communications experience across varied categories and have a strong understanding of media relations, event planning and emerging media. And first and foremost, must exude strategic thinking.
They must be a team player, thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, have a no-nonsense attitude, a good sense of humor, and be able to independently and aggressively lead accounts and client contact. Agency experience is critical. Experience with B2B and B2C is also preferable.
What you’ll get to do:
- Contribute to managing retainer-based budgets
- Develop and manage project-based budgets
- Provide required status and measurement reports and generate expense invoices related to retainer-based work and fee/expense invoices for project work
- Spend significant time with clients in order to establish and nurture strong peer relationships
- Fully understand relevant aspects of our clients’ businesses and generate new ideas on a proactive as well as an as-needed basis
- Delegate work to team members and monitor the quality of creativity, execution and client service
- Play key role in planning long-term goals, such as the year's budget and marketing communications plans
- Contribute to growing the agency’s business by expanding existing client business, identifying potential prospects and participating in new business efforts as needed
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in public relations, communications or other closely related field.
- Significant media relations experience and knowledge of how to manage a client’s reputation in the media.
- Four-year college degree in a relevant field of study or equivalent experience.
- Significant knowledge in an industry or discipline based on practical experience.
- Experience in leading and managing subordinates to maximize their potential and professional growth.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and compelling way in verbal and written form.
- Ability to build and manage staffing models for clients and projects that will deliver the promised work to the client in the most efficient and cost-effective way.
ICF Olson is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Chicago, IL (IL12)