@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
We’re currently hiring for a Project Accountant in our Minneapolis office.
As a Project Accountant you will do:
- Reporting/Analysis: Analyze all direct project costs/fee/revenue data; monitor project budgets and progress; and share results with Project Managers to ensure projects achieve financial expectations. Prepare and effectively review Estimate-At-Complete (EAC) and Estimate-To-Complete (ETC) analyses.
- System Administration: Validate project setup information and act as liaison between project managers and project setup team. Review project setup to ensure completed in accordance with ICF’s procedures. Monitor and assist with timekeeping related issues including late/missing timesheet submissions, processing errors and temporary project code reconciliation.
- Invoicing: Ensure timely invoice processing. Work with assigned billing specialist; review and approve client invoices; follow up on collections; and analyze and understand unbilled WIP. Manage project subcontractor invoices, including subcontractor invoice approval; invoice write-up and submission to Accounts
- Forecasting : Assist with project forecasts to aid the project team with effective financial planning.
- Collaboration: Interact with other departments, such as Contracts, Pricing, Accounting, Project Management, and Business Unit Leads regarding project related issues. Maintain open communication with direct management regarding financial results and ensure Project Managers and other senior personnel are aware of risks and opportunities identified during project financial tracking, revenue review, A/R, WIP, etc.
As a Project Accountant, you will be:
- A People person, you connect with people instantly! You are able to effectively communicate your approach/vision to all stakeholders, including project team and senior management.
- Tech Savvy, you enjoy the challenge of learning a new system and can absorb the information quickly. You are experienced in Excel and able to perform complex calculations.
- Solution oriented and Analytical, you tackle problems with vigor and solve them with a systematic approach.
- A Multitasker, you have perfected the art of navigating an ERP system, writing an email and eating at the same time. Time is of the essence, particularly during the month end close process.
- Well Organized, you know where everything is at all times, things happen fast and you are always prepared.
you will also have:
- Experience with Costpoint is highly desired
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance, Business or related discipline, or equivalent experience in a related field
- 1-3 years of experience in a consulting environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of service type cost reimbursable, fixed price and commercial contracts
- Motivated and ability to work independently
- Superior communication and organization
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement .
Minneapolis, MN (MN03)