Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
The Partner, Strategy and Experience Design is responsible for the overall leadership and development of ICF Next’s strategy and data science disciplines in Canada. This includes (but is not limited to) customer experience design, user experience design, data and insights. Reporting to the Managing Director, this role requires a broad understanding of all aspects of the agency’s business and expertise in order to bring clients the most applicable and relevant solutions.
The Partner, Strategy and Experience Design provides thought-leadership and vision to both agency teams and senior client stakeholders as they assess, procure, architect, configure and continuously improve solutions to manage online/offline customer experiences. This multi-disciplinary position requires working knowledge of strategic planning, product management, product design, user experience, research, and data analytics.
The Partner, Strategy and Experience Design will lead and mentor a team of strategists, experience designers, data scientists and analysts through a human centered process to help define, design, and deliver projects across our clients’ digital ecosystems. They must lead the finding and communication of insights – about our clients’ business, their competitors, and their customers, while helping to attract, retain and motivate the diverse team of skilled professionals. They will work with their direct reports and cross-functional teams to ensure the flawless delivery of strategic solutions while building trusted relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Passionate, infectious enthusiasm that engages your team and clients and encourages buy in to your strategic process.
- Problem Solver, think critically about business challenges and find solutions for our clients using innovative approaches and methodologies.
- Confident , facilitate and lead productive workshops with a diverse group of senior stakeholders and you enjoy rolling up your sleeves to get work done.
- An Architect, you make the best use of the tools available to you and use fact-based analysis to determine shifts in industries, people and overall business trends.
- Curious, constantly looking for new perspectives that could influence client strategy.
- Innovative , never settling for the way things have always been done and challenging your colleagues to be better every day.
Your Key Responsibilities:
Here’s what you’ll be doing day-to-day…
- Executive Responsibilities. As a member of the Canadian leadership team, contribute to the operation of the business. Collaborates with colleagues across other agency offices to find common ground and opportunities for growth across the broader ICF Next strategy offerings
- Strategic Leadership. Manages the growth and evolution of ICF Next’s strategy and data services, with an emphasis on experience design, product life cycle strategy and data-based insights. Works with agency leadership to identify and incubate other services as client needs and market dynamics evolve.
- Client Strategy. Provides a hands-on leadership to all client engagements, delivering actionable recommendations and direct consulting services to high-priority clients
- Business Development. Primary point of contact for account, delivery, technology and creative teams to discuss strategic consulting opportunities. Responsible for presenting and selling in strategic services to client business owners
- Staff Management. Able to provide pace setting, lead by example management to the strategy, user experience and data teams. Mentor and grow your team within the office including training and development plans. Conduct regular team meetings and participate in formal employee reviews with team members.
- Scoping and Resourcing. Provide oversight and sign-off on all project estimates related to strategy, user experience and data work. Partner with talent management, resourcing and project management teams to optimize and appropriately staff the development teams based on current and future needs
Your Experience & Intangible Traits:
The ideal candidate for the Partner, Strategy and Experience Design position will possess the following skills and competencies:
- 10+ years of progressively senior leadership roles in Digital Strategy, Experience Design, Product or adjacent consulting services
- Extensive work in developing multi-year, multi-channel customer strategies, and experiences across a portfolio of companies and brands
- Experience driving product strategy, managing product life cycles and/or go-to-market campaigns in a digital/interactive/mobile/web environment
- Strong ability to build relationships, collaborate and grow business
- Motivated self-starter with a strong ability to lead people and teams by action
- Experience working closely with creative and technology teams
- Superior client facing presentation and facilitation skills
- Creative problem-solving skills with a passion for innovation
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Proven ability to thrive in a truly entrepreneurial environment
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Marketing, Design, Technology, Engineering or similar
Why you’ll love working here:
- Full health benefits (100% dental coverage, prescription, vision, massages, life insurance and short term/ long term disability)
- Generous vacation and retirement plans
- Employee support program
- A brand new cell phone, with upgrades every 24 months (we’ve got your phone bill covered, too)
- Ongoing training and development opportunities, peer-taught lunch and learns and outside workshops like Ladies Learning Code
- Catered Friday lunches
- Loaded snack cupboards
- Office-ping pong and foosball tables, plus the latest and greatest video games
- Friendly community with lots of social events – from boat cruises to volleyball tournaments
- Participation in charity initiatives
Like what you see and think you’re a perfect fit? Apply today.
Please be assured we’ll treat any information you share with us with the utmost care, only use your information for recruitment purposes and will never sell it to other companies for marketing purposes. Please review https://www.icf.com/legal/Canada-privacy-statement to view ICF’s Privacy Statement for more details.
We thank all candidates in advance for their application, but only those contacted for an interview will receive a reply.
At ICF Next, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. ICF Next is committed to providing accommodations. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Toronto, Canada (CD80)